Order of things for Reception?

Hi ladies - I was just curious on how people were doing things for their 1.5 hour reception? After you are announced, are most of you doing the 1st dance, first? When is a good time to do the cake cutting? I want to get in as much time as possible with the dj and dancing without too many interruptions..>?

any thoughts?

I have read alot of these boards and from what I gather you are announced and either go right into first dance then cake cutting and other dances or announced and go right to the cake cutting and toast then into your dance and father/daughter, mother/son ect.

• 2 weeks later...

It is still being reviewed, but this is the current plan for our reception:

1. Announce

2. Champagne waterfall

3. Best Man toast

4. Groom's toast

5. Cutting the cake

6. Pulling off the garter

Items NOT done at the reception

1. No Bouquet toss (2 nieces who will fight and argue if the other gets it -they are the only unmarried girls at the wedding)

2. No garter toss (we want to keep it)

3. No first dance (or any dancing)

We just do not feel like dancing. We will have a pianist so if someone wants to they can, but my fiance and I am not interested in a dance. There will only be 14 people at the edding and 3 of them under 17 years old.

Mara4166-

1. No Bouquet toss (2 nieces who will fight and argue if the other gets it -they are the only unmarried girls at the wedding)

Just a thought - but you could have two mini toss bouquets. Have two separate bouquets that you hold together and then when you toss them they will separate and they will each have one. Keep it a secret and it would be so fun for them.

Mara4166-

Just a thought - but you could have two mini toss bouquets. Have two separate bouquets that you hold together and then when you toss them they will separate and they will each have one. Keep it a secret and it would be so fun for them.

fabulous idea!

Archived