Need recommendation for what to do after parasailing

Hello all,

We have an excursion booked with No1SMX parasailing in Great Bay at 10 am. We will be in port from 9 am until 6 pm. I've never been to St. Maarten so can someone tell me if there is beach access at the spot where we will be parasailing so maybe we can just hang out there afterwards? Is it feasible to take a cab after parasailing to the beach where the planes fly overhead and if so, how far is it?

We need some suggestions for how to spend the rest of the afternoon and I'm not sure if where we will be parasailing is within walking distance to any shops, decent beaches, and/or restaurants or how expensive it would be to take a cab somewhere else. (We are a group of 3 which includes myself, my teenage son, and my mother who does have some difficulty walking for long periods.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Sounds like you will be parasailing right at Great Bay Beach right in the middle of everything. Beach, bars, restaurants , shopping and just a 20 minute walk from the ship. If you do not want to walk you can take a water taxi or cab.

Thank you for replying. So if I understand correctly, once we take a water taxi to where we do the parasailing, there are restaurants, shopping, etc right there in the same area? Do you know the approximate cost if catching a cab from where we parasail to Maho beach? Would there be cabs available near the parasailing location?

Sorry about all the questions but I'm trying to limit the walking my mother will have to do but still arrange some activities like watching the planes and parasailing for my son.

Thanks again for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for replying. So if I understand correctly, once we take a water taxi to where we do the parasailing, there are restaurants, shopping, etc right there in the same area? Do you know the approximate cost if catching a cab from where we parasail to Maho beach? Would there be cabs available near the parasailing location?

Sorry about all the questions but I'm trying to limit the walking my mother will have to do but still arrange some activities like watching the planes and parasailing for my son.

Thanks again for the advice.

The cost from town to Maho for 2-3 of you is roughly

$10 each by taxi or $2 by bus each way.