Best Lunch Stop with a Dock

puddles99

We will be renting a pontoon boat for an all day trip in August and are debating between packing a picnic / box lunch or grabbing something at a restaurant with a dock. For those of you who know Bermuda well, what lunch places would you recommend where we could tie up the boat, stretch our legs, get some yummy local food, and then head back out? Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be renting a pontoon boat for an all day trip in August and are debating between packing a picnic / box lunch or grabbing something at a restaurant with a dock. For those of you who know Bermuda well, what lunch places would you recommend where we could tie up the boat, stretch our legs, get some yummy local food, and then head back out? Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi-

I just came across your post since I am planning a last minute cruise on the Breakaway to Bermuda for Mother's Day. I was on the POA over this past Thanksgiving. You posted a lot of helpful & detailed for that trip! :-) Thank you! It helped with my family's planning. Now I see you are going on the Breakaway again!

Thanks again!

Randi

Hi-

I just came across your post since I am planning a last minute cruise on the Breakaway to Bermuda for Mother's Day. I was on the POA over this past Thanksgiving. You posted a lot of helpful & detailed for that trip! :-) Thank you! It helped with my family's planning. Now I see you are going on the Breakaway again!

Thanks again!

Randi

I'm glad I could help with your POA cruise! We are definitely looking forward to our first visit to Bermuda this summer - maybe you'll return next month with some tips to share :) I really enjoyed the cruise to nowhere we took on Breakaway, but I know this next trip will be much different!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm glad I could help with your POA cruise! We are definitely looking forward to our first visit to Bermuda this summer - maybe you'll return next month with some tips to share :) I really enjoyed the cruise to nowhere we took on Breakaway, but I know this next trip will be much different!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't help with your question but Bermuda is beautiful! Was there twice on cruises. I went to Horseshoe Bay. St George's is so quaint you should make sure you walk around there! Do you like perfume? My favorite is Lili Bermuda! My first time to Bermuda I went to their store/factory. So cute! http://www.bermuda-perfumery.com

I can't wait to get another bottle or two!

Make sure you book your entertainment in advance so you can get the days/times for the 3 shows-if you are planning to go to them.

Over the summer I was on a ship tour. So I got to see most of the Breakaway and had a nice lunch!

This cruise was booked this past Thursday! So I am trying to do some research to see what we might want to do this time. I need some rest and relaxation too! Since Hawaii things have been quite hectic!

• 2 weeks later...
I can't help with your question but Bermuda is beautiful! Was there twice on cruises. I went to Horseshoe Bay. St George's is so quaint you should make sure you walk around there! Do you like perfume? My favorite is Lili Bermuda! My first time to Bermuda I went to their store/factory. So cute! http://www.bermuda-perfumery.com

I can't wait to get another bottle or two!

Make sure you book your entertainment in advance so you can get the days/times for the 3 shows-if you are planning to go to them.

Over the summer I was on a ship tour. So I got to see most of the Breakaway and had a nice lunch!

This cruise was booked this past Thursday! So I am trying to do some research to see what we might want to do this time. I need some rest and relaxation too! Since Hawaii things have been quite hectic!

Thanks for all the tips!

Wanted to give this thread a little bump hoping that someone can provide a suggestion or two. Thanks in advance!

I had a great pizza and drinks in St-George at the "Tavern by the sea"...it is actually "by" the sea...you can have a table right by the dock...plenty of dock and small boats there :)

Have a look at their facebook page, or tripadvisor...

We really enjoyed the place :D

Have fun !

I had a great pizza and drinks in St-George at the "Tavern by the sea"...it is actually "by" the sea...you can have a table right by the dock...plenty of dock and small boats there :)

Thanks for the tip! The reviews on TripAdvisor are a bit mixed - but I'll keep this one on the list for now :)

Not on a dock, but harborfront with outside seating in St George, is the White Horse Tavern. Had a really good lunch there. Located right on King's Square.

Thanks for the tip on this one as well! It also has mixed reviews, but the recent ones look largely positive.

Is anyone familiar with Country Squire or Newstead? I received recommendations from those from the boat rental company. Thoughts?

We really enjoyed the place :D

Have fun !

Tavern by the Sea gets my vote! On the Wharf with great water views.

i-6mvR8cP

Is anyone familiar with Country Squire or Newstead? I received recommendations from those from the boat rental company. Thoughts?

I think the Country Squire might be more like what you are looking for. The Beau Rivage restaurant at the Newstead is maybe a little more upscale than a quick lunch. Also, I am not really sure about their docking situation.

paget-parish-beau-rivage-at-the-newstead-belmont-hills-golf-resort-and-spa-v1719826-912.jpg

I went to Tavern by the Sea on my last visit to Bermuda. I didn't dock a boat there, but I saw other people doing so. If I remember correctly, the menu was a bit limited, and expensive, but it had great water views.

• 2 weeks later...