Holland America Venice transfers

bristolcat

Hi can anyone advise on how we get from Terminal Venezia to Venice. I have read lots of people's reviews but I understand that HA offer a free shuttle service to the water taxi station.

I assume this is the Vaporetto which if it is is great as we want to do this first to get a feel of the city.

Any advise would be good.

You can walk to the Peoplemover which will take you to Piazzale Roma which is close to where there are water taxis and vaporetto. Or you can stroll past all the boats and amble through Venice - everything is well sign posted.

Hi

This line do a route from the Cruise Terminal to St Mark's Square

http://www.alilaguna.it/en/lines/linea-blu

I don't know if HAL do a free shuttle, but on my cruise they are showing a Transfer to St Mark's for $36 as one of the options in the Excursions menu, which is pretty dear compared to the $15 that Celebrity charged us when we were there 2 years ago

They will either do a shuttle to the people mover or right to Piazzale Roma.

At Piazzale Roma you will find all the vapporettos coming and going along the water. Buy your tickets ahead of time. Then, you MUST stamp them at the little machine BEFORE you board. Failure to do so can result in your being removed from the shuttle and made to go with the police lady to pay a stiff fine. We saw this happen to two youngish girls and their fines were $100 EU each which of course they did not have. They were then being taken to an ATM machine for this.

You can see the route for the vapporetto..you want to go to St. Mark's and it will probably go past the Rialto Bridge. kind of fun to get off at Rialto and walk down to St. Mark's or vice versa and go right through the heart of Venice crossing the little canals.

One of our favorite cities!

Enjoy

Kimber and Sherry

Thank you all for your advice it has been very helpful. I needed to get this right as I my mother who is 85 will be travelling with us and the less walking the better for her.

If you take the vaporetto from Piazzale Roma down the Grand Canal this will be your introduction to Venice - I hope you have the same weather as I did ! All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]DQ8apgEhZBA[/YOUTUBE]