Thomson security email

I just received an email from thomson advising me of new security requirements at the airport.

Dear Mr ***** We wanted to let you know about important changes to airport security measures to help prepare you for your flights.

Additional security measures are now in place for all flights. We advise that any electrical devices that you're carrying in your hand luggage or on your person are charged before you travel and have enough battery power to enable security teams to switch them on if needed.

We recommend that you keep mobile devices switched on until you board the aircraft, as there may be additional checks at the gate.

Kind Regards,

The team at Thomson Airways

so make sure all your batteries are charged!

Dave - I see Man Unt. are banning iPads and tablets etc. (not mobile 'phones) from Old Trafford, saying the decision is based on security intelligence.

Or maybe they are just jumping on the bandwagon to restrict illicit recording of matches in HD ?

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I haven't had such an email but given the events creating more security concerns, I had heard rumours that this may happen at some of the larger airports. At any rate, standard practice for us. Not much point traveling with low or dead battery. ;)

yes this has been standard security practice since last month

my 2 X dd's flew out to ibiza :eek: in july... with some friends…double :eek::eek:

they had no problems on the way out, but while they were checking in for their return flight they were told that their gadgets needed to be fully charged or they would be confiscated

luckily their gadgets were charged (teenagers never let their gadgets die... ever!...not for a second!)