Carnival Destiny Cabin 7108

Buffalofirsttimer4

Posted this on the Carnival forum but no response-hoping someone can help me.

Specifically looking for info this 8B Balcony cabin 7108-anyone out there ever stay in it? I have booked this cabin for my DH's 50th birthday cruise-3 other couples traveling with us are in the 3 cabins next to ours. Googled the cabin number and came up with pics that show an overhang :eek: not good. I am a member of cruise staterooms but no pics on this specific cabin hence the reason for the google and request from my fellow CCers. Called my PVP about my concern he stated "no worries-you can't have an overhang because if you did the system would reflect it and I don't have any notes on that".

Please help!!!!

Posted this on the Carnival forum but no response-hoping someone can help me.

Specifically looking for info this 8B Balcony cabin 7108-anyone out there ever stay in it? I have booked this cabin for my DH's 50th birthday cruise-3 other couples traveling with us are in the 3 cabins next to ours. Googled the cabin number and came up with pics that show an overhang :eek: not good. I am a member of cruise staterooms but no pics on this specific cabin hence the reason for the google and request from my fellow CCers. Called my PVP about my concern he stated "no worries-you can't have an overhang because if you did the system would reflect it and I don't have any notes on that".

Please help!!!!

you could look at other ships in the same class for photos- Victory and Triumph

could you include the link to the photo- I cant imagine what type of overhang you could possibly have on deck 7-- there is another deck above you.

BUT you might want to reconsider this cabin- its right next to the door that goes to that public deck and people do tend to slam that door (lots)

also since is is located right next to the public deck--- the people standing out there could look directly into your balcony.

If you hit rough waters-- you will get a LOT of motion that far forward/.

I personally prefer those cat 8B on the aft. We have had in the area of 7291 which is much more convenient to the foods/pools/ dining rooms. down two decks for entertainment. The only time we have to travel is to the night shows in the lounge.

Where you are now located-- its gonna be a hike getting to the food/ pools sometimes twice a day.

thanks for the info. I have had cabins both forward and aft and actually love forward- the rocking motion puts me to sleep.

Here is the linking for the pictures I found - http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=3469

Since we have three other couples right next to us- we plan to open up the dividers to make one large balcony between the four cabins, so moving is really not an option.

Also having a little walk to the food/activities will be a good thing, since I am sure I will over indulge with the food :).

do you know if all 4 dividers will open?

coz if that divider blocks a cabin door it will not be able to be opened.

Its usually 2/2

could you tell me the name of the site without the www or the dot com

cruiselinerooms............... I actually googled carnival destiny room 7108 and picked that site. Doesn't have pictures for every cabin but did for the one I am staying in. I also tried cruisestaterooms-since I have a membership but they don't have any pictures for this specific cabin.................

love my PVP- just got upgraded from 8B to 8D- I know Camp Carnival is the next deck above but he put us right under another cabin ---YEAH no more overhang!!!!

although i still did not see the overhang thing you mentioned-- I think I would have preferred the overhang then being located under he camp carnival- that place goes until 1-2 3am in the morning.

you will also have the bridge thing located on the forward so your view there will be obstructed

serene56- thank you for your help. My PVP was able to locate the pictures and understood the overhang I spoke about which would have stopped my DH & I from enjoying the sun in Destiny cabin 7108.

As for the move to 9166-I believe this will be a great move from DH & myself. Not really concerned about Camp Canival or anything else for that matter- I'm going on vacation and not just any vacation- I'm cruising in 65 days.

Happy Sailing :D

Archived