Drop off luggage

NauticalMiss

Hi nauticalmiss

We went from the ocean terminal earlier this year and we arrived at the terminal at 10:45 and were told by the parking attendant that the baggage handlers will come out at 11:15 and they were on time and took the luggage off us. Hope this helps .. Humpy..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Humpy. Thanks, that's really helpful. On our next cruise, we have an embark time of 3:30pm, so I thought we'd drop off the bags early to make sure they arrive in our cabin in time for the evening 'dress-up'. We'll drive off somewhere for a nice lunch, then wander back, drop off the car and jump on board, by which time my case should be waiting for me :)

Edited by NauticalMiss

Hi Humpy. Thanks, that's really helpful. On our next cruise, we have an embark time of 3:30pm, so I thought we'd drop off the bags early to make sure they arrive in our cabin in time for the evening 'dress-up'. We'll drive off somewhere for a nice lunch, then wander back, drop off the car and jump on board, by which time my case should be waiting for me :)

Yes we are doing similar as we also have a 3.30 slot, we are planning to drop cases off and car also, then walk back and find a nice bar for lunch and a tipple or two. Dropping ladies and hand luggage at bar first.

We are Ocean so not too far to walk.

Yes we are doing similar as we also have a 3.30 slot, we are planning to drop cases off and car also, then walk back and find a nice bar for lunch and a tipple or two. Dropping ladies and hand luggage at bar first.

We are Ocean so not too far to walk.

I was hoping we could walk also, but we are sailing from Mayflower which is further away from the good restaurants than Ocean and City. Still, it's a good plan - can't waste the day ;)

Hi

How far is the walk from mayflower terminal to the pubs?? We are also going from there in a few months and it's the first time I've departed from Southampton

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are travelling a day earlier and staying at a hotel that does the transfer to the cruise terminal as car stays at hotel so won't have the car, I don't mind a mile walk if that's what it is like as if we get a late boarding it will kill time from checking out hotel to boarding

Edited by GolferT

It's not a particularly nice mile to walk either, I'd opt for a cab.

I'll second that Florry. From memory, it's nearer to the commercial dock area, isn't it? Lots of monster-trucks thundering along; probably be a bit dusty in August too. We've decided to drop off the luggage then drive away for some lunch.

While I can completely understand the OP's wish to drop off luggage and am in no way critical of them doing so, is it not the case that many of the defenders of the new embarkation process say it is needed for heavy traffic in Southampton?

Seems to me that this is only doubling up on traffic if pax are driving to the ship twice.

Can't comment on others but we have no choice, hotel check out is 12 so if they give us a late check in its only option, I don't really fancy wheeling round the suitcases round the pubs haha

While I can completely understand the OP's wish to drop off luggage and am in no way critical of them doing so, is it not the case that many of the defenders of the new embarkation process say it is needed for heavy traffic in Southampton?

Seems to me that this is only doubling up on traffic if pax are driving to the ship twice.

You're right of course.