Recommended hotels for Houston Bayport?

andy.capitan

If you are driving in we have every major hotel chain in the Houston area. Depending on where you are driving in from I prob would not stay near the port as it is just an industrial area with lots of chem plants and refineries in the area. Would need more info such as what direction you are coming in from and what day/time you plans on getting into the area (and what day your cruise leaves) to give a better idea of where to stay.

Thank you.

Coming from North Louisiana. Not sure of arrival but probably late afternoon/early evening. Really just looking for somewhere clean, comfortable, and safe to snooze before the cruise.

Would prefer to avoid as much Houston traffic as possible.*

Did throw some darts and for better or worse, made a reservation at Candlewood Suites in La Porte.

* We do have some friends in Houston area, and if any want to offer us good times and accommodations, might not mind Houston traffic.

• 2 months later...
Actually now leaning toward Best Western Seabrook Suites. Seems close to the cruise port.

I booked this hotel yesterday. Reasonable rate for AAA/Senior They confirmed via phone that they have free shuttle to port.

Edited by wacruiser77

So is the price on the site include parking for the week too?

Looks like about $125, so if parking, breakfast and shuttle, seems like a good deal.

I booked this hotel yesterday. Reasonable rate for AAA/Senior They confirmed via phone that they have free shuttle to port.

• 2 weeks later...
Did throw some darts and for better or worse, made a reservation at Candlewood Suites in La Porte.

What I liked about the Candlewood: Big grocery store across the street, family-run, shuttle (12 minutes) to port and back starting at 10 AM, and the Waffle House next door was convenient for a breakfast run.

Cons: I think they may be charging for parking now. And I was disappointed that "Monster Tacos" a block away - an awesome place to eat - was closed Saturday and Sunday.

Try 'Baytown Seafood' if you stay LaPorte too.