Passion Beach vs. Paradise Beach

kathew

I know that Paradise Beach is dramatically cheaper, but what are other pros and cons?

I have a family of 10 looking for ideas for what to do in Cozumel. Our main thing is we want a beautiful beach with pretty waters. There are people in their early 20s who enjoy doing more than just relaxing on the beach (water sports, snorkeling, etc). However, there are older people in the group who have a hard time walking and like to relax.

PB might be a better fit for your group - I doubt all of your seniors will be thrilled with that 40 minute boat ride. PB offers a great beach, clean and large changing facilities, a huge pool and good food and drinks. Your teens can pay extra to para-sail, waverunner, etc. Bring cash to avoid the madatory 20% tip added to all credit card bills. :(

Good luck! :)

It sounds like Paradise Beach would be best for you. Passion Island would probably be more beautiful, but Paradise Beach is still nice. There will be more people at Paradise Beach, and plenty of youngsters running around having fun with the activities, but that doesn't mean that others are not allowed to just lay out and relax. At Paradise Beach, everything is right there where you get out of the cab. Very little walking needed. The beautiful pool is not too far away, and passed that is the beach. There are so many activities to do there for those that want it: water toys to climb on, trampolines, kayaks, snorkeling (tons of fish like to hang out right around and under the end of the pier). Use of water toys, kayaks, etc is $12pp. But anyone who doesn't want to partake certainly doesn't have to, and they can instead spend that money on food/drink. You can see pics in my Carnival Magic review. The link is in my signature.

It sounds like Paradise Beach would be best for you. Passion Island would probably be more beautiful, but Paradise Beach is still nice. There will be more people at Paradise Beach, and plenty of youngsters running around having fun with the activities, but that doesn't mean that others are not allowed to just lay out and relax. At Paradise Beach, everything is right there where you get out of the cab. Very little walking needed. The beautiful pool is not too far away, and passed that is the beach. There are so many activities to do there for those that want it: water toys to climb on, trampolines, kayaks, snorkeling (tons of fish like to hang out right around and under the end of the pier). Use of water toys, kayaks, etc is $12pp. But anyone who doesn't want to partake certainly doesn't have to, and they can instead spend that money on food/drink. You can see pics in my Carnival Magic review. The link is in my signature.

Thanks!! I think we're going to go that route and use our money elsewhere.

Archived