Doctors cove beach or some kind of tour bus in montego bay? Also, safety?

k_y30

Me and my girlfriend are sailing on the Carnival Breeze in the near future. I have heard very few good things about this port though. Neither of us have ever been to Jamaica and we are definitely getting off the boat, at least for a little while, to look around and see how the locals live (and to say we've been to Jamaica).

I have heard good things about Doctors Cove beach though, does anyone know where it is in relation to where carnival docks? Is it within walking distance or would we need to get a cab? Also, are the cabs well regulated like Cozumel?

If we dont go to the beach, at the very least we would like to take a bus tour of the local area. We did this in Progresso Mexico and it was a really amazing experience and would love to do something like this in Jamaica, any recommendations?

Furthermore, Safety! How safe is M-Bay? I have heard from friends say they feel safe and some dont. One friend refuses to get off the ship whenever hit iternary has M-bay in it because he says it's an unsafe hellhole! Lol

Any input would be greatly welcome, Thank you!

We go to Hilton Rose Hall in Mo Bay. We book through resortforaday.com, and they provide reliable tour bus transportation to/from. We've used them twice and would go again in a heartbeat if docking in Jamaica. Cabs can be sketchy...NOT like Cozumel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums