Anyone used I'm Free walking tours in Melbourne/Sydney

YTOcruisers

My wife and I will be on Radiance of the Sea in February 2016 and thinking of trying I'm Free walking tours during our day in Melbourne as well during our time in Sydney.

Just wondering what anyone who has used them thought of them and how to get from the cruise port in Melbourne to the start of the walking tour.

My wife and I will be on Radiance of the Sea in February 2016 and thinking of trying I'm Free walking tours during our day in Melbourne as well during our time in Sydney.

YES, we hooked up for this tour in Sydney last year. Worked well. The group was a little large, but our leader had a good personality. He was a teacher who has traveled lots, was excellent in his Sydney/Aussie knowledge and fun, too!! It started at 2:30 pm at their City Hall. It included seeing the Queen Victoria Building (now a three-level shopping area), Westfield Tower, St. Mary’s Cathedral (just finally completed 14 years ago and Australia’s largest), Hyde Park, plus other sights in this sprawling central business district. These areas mixed older, classical buildings from their native sandstone, plus soaring new skyscrapers with innovative designs, etc. Lots of people and activity in these wonderful downtown areas. Learning how their first hospital was built there (from a profit-sharing deal with rum sellers) was interesting. Yes, I rubbed the large brass pig at this historic hospital site. Below are a few photo highlights from this tour around.

More pictures and details on Sydney, etc., is available on my live/blog connected below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 119,497 views for this posting.

On our last afternoon in Sydney before doing our sail-away, we did a nice walking tour with great details, tips and insights about this town and its interesting history. Our guide was from the “Free Tour” group that works for tips.:

SydneyDepartSolstice10_zps1d7cfd5b.jpg

SydneyDepartSolstice12_zpsfdac9355.jpg

SydneyDepartSolstice13_zps4d0755d0.jpg

SydneyDepartSolstice6_zps32087338.jpg

SydneyDepartSolstice11_zps089ab2d2.jpg

SydneyDepartSolstice7_zps59932ab2.jpg

Just wondering what anyone who has used them thought of them and how to get from the cruise port in Melbourne to the start of the walking tour.

I am planning to us I'm Free Walking tours when in port from Diamond Princess in November.

Getting to where the walk starts will be no problem. There is a huge number of volunteers at the port and in the city (easily found because of their bright vest) who will happily give you directions. No worry. :)