What should NATURE LOVERS do on Antigua, after Piton Hike & Dolphin Swim?

runswithdogs

Hello! I'll be going on my first Caribbean Cruise in a few months.

My husband and I are 40-ish, active, love nature & beautiful scenery.

The first 2 things I thought would be interesting to do/see on Antigua were the Stingrays and Devil's Bridge.

But my husband points out that Stingrays may not be as interesting after swimming with dolphins a few days earlier on Curacao.

And although we're NOT planning to see the collapsed natural bridge & remaining baby bridge on Aruba, we'll be "fresh" (freshly sore, probably) from our Gros Piton hike on St. Lucia. So our idea of what's "scenic" may be slightly skewed.

We are in port for 8hrs, so I'd like to do more than JUST beach time. Does anyone have any recommendations for us???

Thank you so much!!!

We booked a half day kayaking and snorkeling eco tour with Antigua Paddles for our visit in November. We also are doing the Gros Piton Hike the day before so this excursion seemed just active enough without killing us. This will be our first time in Antigua and using this company but the reviews for the tour are all outstanding and it sounds really fun.

http://www.antiguapaddles.com/

Hello! I'll be going on my first Caribbean Cruise in a few months.

My husband and I are 40-ish, active, love nature & beautiful scenery.

The first 2 things I thought would be interesting to do/see on Antigua were the Stingrays and Devil's Bridge.

But my husband points out that Stingrays may not be as interesting after swimming with dolphins a few days earlier on Curacao.

And although we're NOT planning to see the collapsed natural bridge & remaining baby bridge on Aruba, we'll be "fresh" (freshly sore, probably) from our Gros Piton hike on St. Lucia. So our idea of what's "scenic" may be slightly skewed.

We are in port for 8hrs, so I'd like to do more than JUST beach time. Does anyone have any recommendations for us???

Thank you so much!!!

The Live Volcano on Montserrat Was by far the most exciting thing I have seen in my life.

http://www.caribbeanhelicopters.com/new/376/tours/montserrat-volcano-tour/

The best excursion ever. And they pick you up at the ship :D:D

We greatly enjoyed Adventure Antigua's Eli's Eco Tour.

We were able to hike on an island covered with butterflies, scramble/climb the rocks at Hell's Gate (? I think that was the name), see turtles in the mangroves, and do a bit of snorkeling (not a ton to see if you've been to great dive destinations though).

It was a wonderful day.