Monkeys

angel54321

I read this thread earlier today and it got me thinking (worrying) about the monkey portion of our Victor Bodden tour. We were really excited about seeing and holding the monkeys, then I considered rabies, etc.

I emailed Victor today and quickly got a reply. I asked if his monkeys received vaccinations or vet care. He said they are seen monthly by a vet and receive boosters regularly. He even gave me the name of their vet and said to feel free to contact them.

Doesn't mean they won't bite, but at least it shouldn't make you sick.

Just wanted to share the information.

Yes, thank you!

I read this thread earlier today and it got me thinking (worrying) about the monkey portion of our Victor Bodden tour. We were really excited about seeing and holding the monkeys, then I considered rabies, etc.

I emailed Victor today and quickly got a reply. I asked if his monkeys received vaccinations or vet care. He said they are seen monthly by a vet and receive boosters regularly. He even gave me the name of their vet and said to feel free to contact them.

Doesn't mean they won't bite, but at least it shouldn't make you sick.

Just wanted to share the information.

So I'm just interested in knowing...did you contact the vet and get a definite answer? I'm only asking because a high majority of people, once given this information, will feel reassured and never bother to contact them to indeed confirm the information. It gives us a "false hope" type of thing just to know that information given to us (whether it's true or not) usually is good enough to believe.

Victor's people will give you instructions on how to approach the monkeys. There are certain things that provoke them, such as grabbing their tails and trying to pick them up, you are supposed to wait for them to come to you. Yes they will jump on you, rummage your pockets, and love to steal the hat off your head. One of them got really mad at my daughter because she got too close to his little house (it's like a big bird house). It didn't bite her but screeched at her and yanked her hair--she thought it was funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish they would have given us this information. All they did was open the doors and let us go in while they stood over to the side. This information is good to know though. :)