Pacific Sun N530

Linda&Andy

Hi and welcome.

We are going on the cruise right before yours and we have had no takers either on our thread. Considering it is school holidays i thought more people would be around.

There is a lot of information on these boards if you look around.

have fun and "talk" to you again soon

karon

Alexandco and Everyone,

We are in the same boat (pardon the pun) same family make-up myself, wife and two kids, our oldest is 13 and youngest 11. My wife and I are in the 35-40 age group :)

I have done a fair bit of reading on this site, the P&O site and think I am putting all the tips from everyone together so that we make the most of our time on the cruise.

Several people have mention bringing your own Coke on board........ I am thinking about doing that, can passengers definately carry the cans on when you board? Has anyone carried on Coke recently on the Pacific Sun ? I don't want to get told on the day that you aren't allowed to do this.

We got a fairly good price with the discounts going on, and from what it says on the P&O site we are on the Riverina Deck in a forward S cabin.............What do people think about this this area of the ship?

I am worried that we are right up the front and will be feeling the motion of the sea more than in other areas on the ship.......... Can anyone comment?

Our Travel Agent mentioned that you don't find out 100% where your cabin will be until you turn up on the day........ this doesn't sound right to me??? If the Riverina deck isn't the best I might look at paying a few more $ and getting a different area.

Time to head off to work.......... the countdown continues :cool:

Thanks everyone for your anticipated feedback........... Andy

Hi, I haven't been on P&O - only Princess. On the Sapphire Princess, You are allowed to take anything on board in the way of drinks but we didn't bother. We were more than happy with the post mixes on the ship. You can buy cans of drink as well from memory from the bars. Friends of ours took a few bottles of wine to have pre dinner. Same as before we didn't bother - why carry the extra weight when you can buy the stuff on board - althought the next trip we could possibly as we are leaving from Sydney and doing Princess line again. Last cruise we left from Auckland. We found the bottles of wine to be comparative to the costs you would pay in a restaurant even with the conversion to US$. - Gayle

There's always a chance you won't be in the cabin allocated, this happened to us on the last cruise we did, but it was good for us as we were alocated a cabin closer to our travel companions that we had been previously. And even though we'd marked our luggage with the original cabin number, and had checked it in before we discovered we'd been moved, it still found it's way to our correct cabin.

Alexandco and Everyone,

We are in the same boat (pardon the pun) same family make-up myself, wife and two kids, our oldest is 13 and youngest 11. My wife and I are in the 35-40 age group :)

I have done a fair bit of reading on this site, the P&O site and think I am putting all the tips from everyone together so that we make the most of our time on the cruise.

Several people have mention bringing your own Coke on board........ I am thinking about doing that, can passengers definately carry the cans on when you board? Has anyone carried on Coke recently on the Pacific Sun ? I don't want to get told on the day that you aren't allowed to do this.

We got a fairly good price with the discounts going on, and from what it says on the P&O site we are on the Riverina Deck in a forward S cabin.............What do people think about this this area of the ship?

I am worried that we are right up the front and will be feeling the motion of the sea more than in other areas on the ship.......... Can anyone comment?

Our Travel Agent mentioned that you don't find out 100% where your cabin will be until you turn up on the day........ this doesn't sound right to me??? If the Riverina deck isn't the best I might look at paying a few more $ and getting a different area.

Time to head off to work.......... the countdown continues :cool:

Thanks everyone for your anticipated feedback........... Andy

Hi Lindy & Andy,

I will be on this cruise as well - can't wait! I worked for Royal Carribean cruises on Majesty of the Seas for a few months in 2001 and they are right about you not knowing which cabin till you get on board but this is a good thing - 99% of the time if they move you - it is up to a better cabin that you paid for!!

In regards to being on the Riviera Deck Forward Class S (same place as me!!) - you are right near the anchor which sounds like a mini earthquake every morning at around 7am when the ship docks!!! This can be a good and bad thing! I was in the same area when I worked on Majesty and it was my morning alarm to get up and go to work!! It is good if you don't have a porthole cause the rooms are pitch black and you can easily sleep through a port!!

Cheers!

Hi,

As far as bags go what allowance is allocated per passenger?

Is it X number of bags each?

or

Is it X kilograms per passenger

Also are there any physical size restrictions on bags height wise?

Thanks for your help icon14.gif

Hi Lindy & Andy,

In regards to being on the Riviera Deck Forward Class S (same place as me!!) - you are right near the anchor which sounds like a mini earthquake every morning at around 7am when the ship docks!!!

Cheers!

ateya

I think the noise of the anchor will generally be a good thing............. unless we've had a big night, then it might be a problem

Regards

Andyicon12.gif

Hi,

As far as bags go what allowance is allocated per passenger?

Is it X number of bags each?

or

Is it X kilograms per passenger

Also are there any physical size restrictions on bags height wise?

Thanks for your help icon14.gif

Does anyone have any information on bag sizes?

Has everyone picked their shore tours yet? I haven't. Wonder if the weather would be good enough for jet skiing.

I haven't booked our tours yet but will sort it out in the next week or so and book them soon after. I'm still working out which one's to choose and doing some reading on here about what's good and what's not:confused:

As for jet skiing it should be OK....if not they would surely have wetsuits.

The countdown continues.....................Are there any others going on N530 reading these forums yet?? :)

Hi, we are on the cruise before you and the only place they have tours is noumea, We have been there before and dont really fancy any of the tours except maybe the jetski for son(15).The train ride is Ok, It goes really slow so you can video and take pics out of the window.

We probably wont book anything yet (only got tickets yesterday)as it is Grand final day the day we are in port and maybe it might be shown. We may just get a taxi to the beach and hang out down the there. it will also be a sunday so shops will be closed even though prices are very expensive a girl can always shop!

karon

ps lets see if this gets sent as i have been having troubles sending today

Karon, glad you finally got your tickets. :)

thanks , i was so happy to finally have them in my litte hands.

I did post on my other thread that i had received them but it seem to have ventured off to no mans land. I also had one post go through twice, it was so weird this morning, i gave up.

anyway off to repost , the board may be quieter now

karon

Hi all not long now :) one week until we travel to our wedding location and two weeks until we travel to sydney to start our honeymoon! :).

We have booked on the helecoptor ride in noumea, no other shore trips yet. We intend to get a taxi at noumea to see things.

:) I am going on this cruise. I am looking forward to going on the waterslide. I am excited and I hope we actually go on the cruise as the last cruise we were going on in June was cancelled. :mad:

:)Does anyone know what activities there are for teenagers?

how old are u?? there is a teens club, but u could get bored! its alright when there is heaps of people but if not it kinda gets boring.. go into the club at 11 with everyone, u'll have a great time

Can anyone tell us whether we will get breakfast on the last morning of our cruise, ( which will be Wednesday the 19th October 2005 ) the morning the we get off board ?

Also we have decided not to pre-book the island cruises and do a wait and see approach when we get there.

We have also decided that we will take soft drink cans with us as well as pop-top juices for the kids, and some nibbles as we have heard that a box of pringles was like $9- in one of the small villages !

So much to think about !

I hope I can remember everything we need to do and take.

Anyway thanks everyone for their info on this site, as it has been very helpful. :)

Yes, buffet breakfast will be available in the Outback Bar & Grill on the last morning of the cruise.

I can't recall, and can't find my disembarkation info from our cruise in June, whether the restuarants were open for breakfast on the last morning, but I don't think they were - it was buffet on the Lido Deck or nothing. I enjoyed having my danish and coffee as we sailed under the Harbour Bridge and into Darling Harbour - although I was also sad that it was my last breakfast on the ship :(

Kym

Archived