Weather in September?

LittleLotero

Hey guys (and gals) - for those of you that have been here during September, how is the weather?

I've sort of freaked myself out because we are getting married on the Carnival Magic in September 2017 and this is a stop. I've read it's "peak" hurricane season, and was wondering if I am to expect rain the whole trip? [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey guys (and gals) - for those of you that have been here during September, how is the weather?

I've sort of freaked myself out because we are getting married on the Carnival Magic in September 2017 and this is a stop. I've read it's "peak" hurricane season, and was wondering if I am to expect rain the whole trip? [emoji20]

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding on Magic!

It's hard to say what the weather will be any time of year, but we've been in St. Kitts, twice, on cruise stops and had very different weather.

The first was in May 2013 where it rained almost the whole day, with a peak of the sun for about 45 minutes around 11AM and again as we were sailing out. The other time was last September and it was gorgeous the whole day, so it was an awesome "do over" day in St. Kitts, which is just beautiful BTW. We did the southern itinerary out of San Juan and had great weather during our whole cruise, and the calmest seas we've ever experienced...and it was smack in the middle of hurricane season. I do remember that a sailing a few weeks before ours had their itinerary altered and St. Kitts was missed because of Hurricane Danny, and we were pretty nervous so our weather expectations were very low. We were very pleasantly surprised.

You'll also see forecasts for the islands in the Caribbean with high chances of rain each day almost constantly. That's typical and many times they will get rain (liquid sunshine), but it's only for a short time then the sun is back out.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise, and great weather on your cruise, to celebrate your wedding.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding on Magic!

It's hard to say what the weather will be any time of year, but we've been in St. Kitts, twice, on cruise stops and had very different weather.

The first was in May 2013 where it rained almost the whole day, with a peak of the sun for about 45 minutes around 11AM and again as we were sailing out. The other time was last September and it was gorgeous the whole day, so it was an awesome "do over" day in St. Kitts, which is just beautiful BTW. We did the southern itinerary out of San Juan and had great weather during our whole cruise, and the calmest seas we've ever experienced...and it was smack in the middle of hurricane season. I do remember that a sailing a few weeks before ours had their itinerary altered and St. Kitts was missed because of Hurricane Danny, and we were pretty nervous so our weather expectations were very low. We were very pleasantly surprised.

You'll also see forecasts for the islands in the Caribbean with high chances of rain each day almost constantly. That's typical and many times they will get rain (liquid sunshine), but it's only for a short time then the sun is back out.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise, and great weather on your cruise, to celebrate your wedding.

Thank you SO much for telling me about your experience here! Fingers crossed for great weather, but no matter what - I'm going to enjoy whatever comes my way!