Best Conch Fritters in Nassau

maryann92201

I want to try the conch fritter while I'm in Nassau on our cruise in December. I'd like to stay semi close to the ship and not off the beaten path due to the recent warning from the US Embassy. This is our first trip to Nassau. I'll have myself, my Mom, my 13 year old Son and my 7 year old Daughter. So tell me who has the best? If you have any other suggestions for things to do not far from the ship for my group certainly fill me in there also.

I want to try the conch fritter while I'm in Nassau on our cruise in December. I'd like to stay semi close to the ship and not off the beaten path due to the recent warning from the US Embassy. This is our first trip to Nassau. I'll have myself, my Mom, my 13 year old Son and my 7 year old Daughter. So tell me who has the best? If you have any other suggestions for things to do not far from the ship for my group certainly fill me in there also.

I can not remember the name of the café, but I have eaten there many times and have had and liked the conch fritters at the place, if you get off the ship and walk out of the port area to the main street, not the first street that runs along side the water but the second street, turn right and about one or two blocks on the right side just before the straw market is the café. Very safe as you will see many local people there, including the police and others.

I don't know yet, because I have not been on my cruise yet.

I did however post this question or similar on the ports of call board for Bahamas and got some suggestions, but the only one that comes to mind right now is a place called Fish Fry. Again, I have not yet been there so cant comment on how it is.

You might want to check out the Bahamas board and or post the question over there also.:)

Is your ship going to Freeport as well? Our last cruise did Nassau and Freeport. If so you might want to try to Conch fritters at Billy Joe's at the Beach. I realized I didn't have an answer to your question...it just brought back a wonderful beach memory!

We did the Tru Bahamian food tour in May and had some conch fritters with a dipping sauce at a restaurant called Bahamian Cookin. They have delicious authentic food. The mac and cheese and homemade limeade was delicous.The restaurant is listed on Tripadvisor if you want to research it.

Is your ship going to Freeport as well? Our last cruise did Nassau and Freeport. If so you might want to try to Conch fritters at Billy Joe's at the Beach. I realized I didn't have an answer to your question...it just brought back a wonderful beach memory!

We are going to Nassau and Grand Turk.

We did the Tru Bahamian food tour in May and had some conch fritters with a dipping sauce at a restaurant called Bahamian Cookin. They have delicious authentic food. The mac and cheese and homemade limeade was delicous.The restaurant is listed on Tripadvisor if you want to research it.

Thank you!! I'll check that out.

Sounds like it might be the same place as Bahamian Kitchen or maybe they are changing names.

M0iwyW9A2maM3AEECvXkuLo8d8dgk1TU0300.jpg

Definitely Bahamian Kitchen! [emoji39]

9a19e4899602ae38e4757dfda9a2fc62.jpg

Easy walk from the cruise dock. You may also want to check out the Queens Staircase . . . a bit further, but very nice.

And be sure to wash those fritters down with a Kalik Beer!

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy walk from the cruise dock. You may also want to check out the Queens Staircase . . . a bit further, but very nice.

John

I meant to post a picture of the front of Bahamian Kitchen . . .

SAM_0550640x480_zpsf3fb05aa.jpg

John

Exactly what we did!!

IMAG1843.jpg.76af2ccefa8f1b8cd3c466125eaf3777.jpg

I agree, that place was awesome. Loved the conch fritters and everything else.