Typical Rates For Late March

It's been five years since our last cruise, and I'm curious what kind of pricing I should expect. Right now, looking WAY out at trips in March 2018. For our family of five, booking two inside rooms is running $4,300 for 7-night Eastern Caribbean on the Carnival Magic, to as high as $5,800 for 7 nights Western Caribbean on RCCL's Allure of the Seas. This includes all taxes and fees. Now add on gratuities, transfers, shore excursions, etc... our upcoming Disney trip is starting to look like a bargain! ;)

I know it's been 5 years, but my wife and I took a 7-night Eastern Caribbean trip with Princess for $675/pp (including taxes and fees). We booked in September for a spring break trip. Can I expect the prices I'm seeing now to drop? Or is this now the going rate for peak season?

Edited by projectx

Prices any previous year are not relevant to this or next year's prices. They change for a number of reasons.

As commonly discussed on Cruise Critic, most cruise lines will change your fare to accept decreases up to final payment. So if you book now, and the fare goes down, you get that decrease if prior to final payment.

Nobody here will be able to tell you what fares to expect.

Prices any previous year are not relevant to this or next year's prices. They change for a number of reasons.

As commonly discussed on Cruise Critic, most cruise lines will change your fare to accept decreases up to final payment. So if you book now, and the fare goes down, you get that decrease if prior to final payment.

Nobody here will be able to tell you what fares to expect.

I get all that. I'm just looking for someone who has been there done that to share their own recent experience.

I booked two inside rooms for myself, daughter and 2 teenage granddaughters and it was $4000. Can find some fantastic deals but when you have to book for break times, and get adjoining rooms you're more limited. I usually go Princess so could probably have gotten cheaper rate but since my grands are teens, thought they would have more fun on RCCL and they did.