Anyone ever taken a cab to Blue Hole from Falmouth on their own

BigJon

I have been to Jamaica 3 times as a port and have enjoyed all 3 days, Blue Hole was definitely my favorite. With that said, and this is just my opinion, I would never leave the port without a reputable tour guide. A tour guide takes all the guess out of the day. At Blue Hole, the guide will watch your belongings, leaving you carefree to swim and jump. The guide will set you up with good guides for the falls. They are really not that expensive and they put the extra effort into making sure you are safe and unbothered and back to your ship on time. We used Liberty tours last week and had an excellent day at Blue Hole.

Just returned yesterday from our cruise on Disney Fantasy. We took the advise of others on Cruise Critic and booked, in advance, a tour with Ricardo from Liberty Tours. It was the best experience of the entire 7 night cruise. We had a party of seven and arranged for 4 of our party to go horseback riding first in the ocean. Ricardo took my wife and I and our 6 yr old grandson to a nearby beach to relax and wait for the others. We then all headed to the Blue Hole. It was a fantastic experience. Ricardo arranged for a lifeguard, also named Ricardo, to take care of us. This man was remarkable. He guided us all along the way, held our eyeglasses and took pictures with our camera as we jumped in the various swimming holes. He took special care of my wife who has had 3 back surgeries and a recent hip replacement. He took her by the hands and guided her as where to step, enabling her to jump into several of the swimming holes. After the Blue Hole we had lunch included at Scotties for jerk chicken. A great meal. Ricardo made several stops along the way to explain the Jamaican culture. I 100% recommend booking with Ricardo and making a trip to the Blue Hole. Hopes this post helps.