Star Pride - no reply from Windstar

DISNEY GIRL

Hello all - after 2 excellent sailings on the Windsurf, I persuaded my hubby to book the Star Pride on 28 Feb 15 around Malaysia. However, I am beginning to regret my decision. I have read some awful reports recently about the Star Pride, stating that Windstar only spent 14 days refurbishing it which was not long enough, shabby sun loungers, tired looking this and that. I was under the impression this was a totally refurbished, 5 star shiny yacht.

3 Weeks ago, I sent a copy of one of the negative reports to Customer Services at Windstar asking for some reassurance. No reply. A week ago, I sent them another email requesting a reply.... still waiting.

What has happened to Windstar and their customer service?

Anyone had any experiences recently on Star Pride?

Sandy

Disneygirl. Have you tried other avenues of contacting them? There are sites that have direct access like FB which may be an easier way.

I haven't had any luck emailing them, but a quick response when I called requesting cruise tour itinerary - still somewhat vague as it didn't sound like it was all scheduled out yet.

I haven't had any luck emailing them, but a quick response when I called requesting cruise tour itinerary - still somewhat vague as it didn't sound like it was all scheduled out yet.

Maybe with all that is going on in the world today the cruiselines are having to rethink some of their itineraries.

We are just off the Star Pride. We did two back to back cruises; Istanbul/Istanbul (Black Seas) and Istanbul to Athens.

It is amazing to me how hard the maintenance crew are working to bring this ship up to Windstar standards. We noticed a difference over our almost 3 weeks on her.

This appears to be a good acquisition for Windstar and would not hesitate to sail on the Star Pride again.

I would be pleased to answer any questions you have.

We are just off the Star Pride. We did two back to back cruises; Istanbul/Istanbul (Black Seas) and Istanbul to Athens.

It is amazing to me how hard the maintenance crew are working to bring this ship up to Windstar standards. We noticed a difference over our almost 3 weeks on her.

This appears to be a good acquisition for Windstar and would not hesitate to sail on the Star Pride again.

I would be pleased to answer any questions you have.

Phew!!! - Many, Many thanks Witt's End. I'm pleased to learn that there is ongoing maintenance, I just thought they refurbished it and that was it. You have put my mind at rest - excellent news.

Thanks again.

Sandy

• 1 month later...

We are on Star Pride in January 2015 and I will be sure to post a review.

I, too, am concerned about the condition of the ship after reading some negative posts and reviews about the so-called rebranding and refurb.

This is our first Windstar cruise (after Regent and Seabourn) and I'm wondering if they will live up to the 'luxury' tag.

There are no perks for purchasing more expensive cabins; they will not organise private transport to our chosen hotel at the end of the cruise (only hotels they have arrangements with) and the website lists the wrong excursions on the wrong days.

Not an auspicious start but I'm sure it will all work out well.

(And hey, just being able to go on a great cruise means I can't really complain too much!)

• 1 month later...

I took 8 cruises on the Pride when it belonged to Seabourn. It is a wonderful ship. Beautiful layout, small and cosy, and lots of fun. Give Windstar time and it will be as lovely as it was when Seabourn owned it. I plan on booking a trip on her so I can be on that lovely ship again. The Legend and the Spirit are next in May 2015. I have sailed on those girls too and will again. Windstar is now the proud owner of the "Little Sisters."