Table tennis Oriana

tottoncruiser

Hi

Does anyone know if table tennis is back on Oriana yet or when it is likely to be?

Had read it was removed due to refit, but i also read since then it used to be indoors until there was an accident?

We are booked on Oriana over Xmas and New year and would very much hope it would be back

Thanks for any info

Darren

No table tennis as yet on Oriana - some silly person played in flipflops and had an accident in the Medina room where it was set up so it was taken away again. I believe they are searching for a solution!

No table tennis as yet on Oriana - some silly person played in flipflops and had an accident in the Medina room where it was set up so it was taken away again. I believe they are searching for a solution!

That's as annoyingly stupid as passengers in flip flops using the cross trainers, bikes and running machines in the gym!

I wrote to Christopher Edgington about table tennis on Oriana as did many other people, and he has had his team try to find a solution. They are currently looking to lay some acoustic matting with a view to reinstating TT on Oriana.

We are going on her in three weeks time and the member of staff who called us said they hoped to have it on there by then.

Will let you know when we get back. Hope that helps.:)

And maybe the more people who ask P&O what they're doing and when it'll be back the faster it'll appear as apparently it was stated that no-one objected when it disappeared. :confused:

Edited by Prefdavid

I agree Prefdavid, the more people who complain about the removal of TT on Oriana the better. The fact no one complained was one of the comments made and the other was that they have to keep everyone happy.

If the matting does not work and more complaints are made about noise, TT will again be removed! How many people actually spend time in their cabins all day?:(

I was in contact with Christopher Edgington directly as others had mentioned on this thread, i have several emails now categorically stating that he has got the table tennis reinstated with immediate effect.

Saying he is a director of P & O i hope this is true.

hope this helps

Darren

Really hope that what you've been advised is correct. If anyone has been on Oriana recently and could confirm that they've actually seen the table that would be great. :)

Only ask as my recent missive from Mr. Edgington stated that they were working to get it back on board asap but nothing definite.

I was in contact with Christopher Edgington directly as others had mentioned on this thread, i have several emails now categorically stating that he has got the table tennis reinstated with immediate effect.

Saying he is a director of P & O i hope this is true.

hope this helps

Darren

Really hope that what you've been advised is correct. If anyone has been on Oriana recently and could confirm that they've actually seen the table that would be great. :)

Only ask as my recent missive from Mr. Edgington stated that they were working to get it back on board asap but nothing definite.

We are going two weeks today Prefdavid, so if no one else confirms we will do so. Back on 22nd November. Like you I have been told they were doing their utmost to reinstate TT on Oriana. They were trying to get acoustic matting to help with the noise for the cabins below. Let's hope it is there. 😊

We are going two weeks today Prefdavid, so if no one else confirms we will do so. Back on 22nd November. Like you I have been told they were doing their utmost to reinstate TT on Oriana. They were trying to get acoustic matting to help with the noise for the cabins below. Let's hope it is there. 😊

Thanks Nevleen. If it's there get in lots of practice, then we can form the Bury area doubles team. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry but your cryptic message has totally eluded me, probably 'cos I'm far too old to remember. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

Me too Prefdavid.

David E

I am left very red faced.

Not at all a cryptic message, but very much a case of a major boo-boo in posting in the wrong forum.

was on a forum about books that I enjoyed reading as a child.

Enid Blyton was always a favourite of mine.

And not forgetting LadyBird books.

again, oops