Bookings via TopCashback

Anybody done a Thomsons booking via TopCashback ?

I joined it a few months back and recently noticed the 2.2% cashback on cruises and 4% cashback on hotel package deals.

I bravely ventured where I'd never been before and made a booking for Dream later this year - the "refund" (due in 8 weeks apparently) will cover the £42 cabin reservation fee.

A nice little earner. :)

They point you over to Thomsons website and the online booking is completed as if you gone straight there normally without direction - simples !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan
punctuation

I booked our cruise for next April via Quidco, which is similar. Cashback was £81 and it's been confirmed and paid already!! We don't have to pay the balance for the cruise until next January. Definitely not to be sneezed at.

Sounds like another good deal.

Do you mind me asking - what % cashback did Quidco provide ?

They were named as second best deal after TopCashback on Martin Lewis's site, I doubt if there is much to choose between them.

I signed up last year and got £53 back. Worth doing but I did have to chase it up and it took about 6 months to get it.I booked in October,launched a case in December and it wasnt until April I got an e mail saying it had been submitted to Thomson.I got it soon after. To be fair I have had no problems since with other purchases.

Sounds like another good deal.

Do you mind me asking - what % cashback did Quidco provide ?

They were named as second best deal after TopCashback on Martin Lewis's site, I doubt if there is much to choose between them.

It was 2% with Quidco and 2.2% with Topcashback. I went with Quidco because I've had a lot of problems in the past with purchases tracking through Topcashback.

• 1 month later...

I booked again for 11 nights in Cape Verde last night. Thomson are advertising 3.15% cashback. I reieved a pending payment within an hour of paying a deposit but only approx a third of what it should be. looks like i will have to lodge another claim.:(

Weecountyman. I already considered that but that but it is too much for the deposit and not enough for the full amount.Tart600. the only problems i have seem to be with Top cashback is when i use Thomson, i agree, i would definately reccommend it

• 4 months later...

Just an update with thisthread.Im still waiting for my cashback despite chasing it up twice. Have used various retailers recently like Halfords,APH, PC world and recieved the cashback within hours. Thomson are a waste of space.:(:(

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear you are having issues.

The cashback due to us from Thomson was paid, however there was a bit of a wait - as advised, 8 weeks from the end of the calendar month in which the booking was made through TopCashBack.

Therefore, obviously, if you book early in the month you have a further delay before the system kicks into action.

If you are past that timeframe I reckon you need to ask questions of TCB in the first instance.

One interesting thing - if you book Jet2 holidays through TCB you receive cashback through them - in addition, if you use an American Express Everday Platinum Card (no annual fee) you may also get cashback through AMEX, if you meet the minimum overall spend criteria - and Jet2 don't impose any credit card booking fees, a nice little earner.

https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/content/platinum-cashback-everyday-credit-card/cm/?sourcecode=MULT000219&CPID=100206559&veid=sxQ8bkTYz|dc_pcrid_109230845442_plid__kword_american%20express%20credit%20card%20uk_match_e&s_tntref=https://www.google.co.uk

We have their slightly higher payback rate Platinum Cashback card, it has a £25 annual fee, however in the six months I've used it (for all possible regular monthly shopping etc.) we've have accured well past that amount in cashback due.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

• 2 weeks later...

I used Quidco back in August for a cruise in July 2017, cash back was paid almost instantly (£175.74) having only paid the low deposit at that stage, I was very surprised at the speed of payment. Used them for a P&O cruise booked October 2016, not sailing until May 2018, only paid 5% deposit so far and received cash back yesterday. Very pleased with Quidco.

• 10 months later...

Updating this thread I never did get my cashback from Thomsons last year and finally gave up chasing it.Never had problems with anyone but Thomsons and the problem is,you can do nothing about it other than "Bump" your claim every so often. However I booked a for the Caribbean last week and had full payment within 2 hours! Also for information anyone using APH for airport parking can get almost 17% back. So with the cruise ,parking and insurance that was £100 saved.That will pay for the wine package!