St Lucia Excursion 1/2 or 3/4 of a day

cruise13girl

Can anyone recommend a good shore excursion? We will be in St Lucia for one day. I want to make sure we have a fun time but also make it back to the ship in time. This is the first cruise for my DH. I’m looking for a less crowded excursion. I was thinking of a sailing excursion but I’m not much of a snorkeler. I would like to see the following if possible

1 – A black beach

2 – The Pitions

2 - Waterfall

Thank you in advance for any advise :)

We just returned from a 10 day cruise on the Norwegian Sun and stopped at St.Lucia. It was one of our favourite islands.

We pre-booked a driver for the day and for 4 of us it was $ 140.00. He was recommended to us by a co-worker of my husband who has visited the Island several times.

He was waiting for us as we got off the ship with a cooler of water and local beer. Ali was friendly, knowledgeable and we had a fantastic day with him. He told us we could pick whatever we wanted to see but we left it in his hands and were not disappointed.

He stopped shortly after we started at the top of a hill that overlooked where our ship was so we were able to get a fantastic picture.

We saw the Twin Pitons, Botanical Gardens, the drive in Volcano - also went in a wonderful waterfall. He accompanied us into all things except the Volcano tour which there are tour guides assigned to you.

He stopped at several spots and picked up a fresh coconut for us to try - bread fruit - and best of all he stopped at a bakery that made Casava bread from the bread fruit and it was fresh from the oven.

He also took us to a neighbourhood restaurant that the locals go to and we had a wonderful meal that with drinks and 4 very full plates of food was under $50.00 US.

We also went to another island viewing point for more pictures and were able to sample the homemade spice rum which was so good we bought it and some of the local hot sauce.

Ali was willing to take us to a beach also but since we had spent a few hours the day before in Barbados we decided to skip it.

The day was no rushed and we would definitely book him again.

You can telephone him and then if he is driving he will ask you to text him and make the arrangements for the date you would like.

Ali's Tax Service (Aelred Breen) 1-758-384-8475

Chris

We just returned from a 10 day cruise on the Norwegian Sun and stopped at St.Lucia. It was one of our favourite islands.

We pre-booked a driver for the day and for 4 of us it was $ 140.00. He was recommended to us by a co-worker of my husband who has visited the Island several times.

He was waiting for us as we got off the ship with a cooler of water and local beer. Ali was friendly, knowledgeable and we had a fantastic day with him. He told us we could pick whatever we wanted to see but we left it in his hands and were not disappointed.

He stopped shortly after we started at the top of a hill that overlooked where our ship was so we were able to get a fantastic picture.

We saw the Twin Pitons, Botanical Gardens, the drive in Volcano - also went in a wonderful waterfall. He accompanied us into all things except the Volcano tour which there are tour guides assigned to you.

He stopped at several spots and picked up a fresh coconut for us to try - bread fruit - and best of all he stopped at a bakery that made Casava bread from the bread fruit and it was fresh from the oven.

He also took us to a neighbourhood restaurant that the locals go to and we had a wonderful meal that with drinks and 4 very full plates of food was under $50.00 US.

We also went to another island viewing point for more pictures and were able to sample the homemade spice rum which was so good we bought it and some of the local hot sauce.

Ali was willing to take us to a beach also but since we had spent a few hours the day before in Barbados we decided to skip it.

The day was no rushed and we would definitely book him again.

You can telephone him and then if he is driving he will ask you to text him and make the arrangements for the date you would like.

Ali's Tax Service (Aelred Breen) 1-758-384-8475

Chris

That sounds like a great day! Does he have an email?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry have not been in for quite sometime. His taxi was very clean and he was licenced.

We found him through a couple work friends of my husband who go every year.

Well spoken good driver and knowledgable .

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I took Cosol tours last week. 65 each. Out of 16 cruises it was on of my favorites. Check the website and tripadvisor for review. 5 hours - never a dull moment. Cover all your needs

As of May 1, 2014, the price for the tour will increase to $75 per person