La Paz Port Location

Av8tor

Last year we went to La Paz with Princess and docked in a small harbor about a 15 or 20 minute drive north of the actual downtown area. The harbor was just off highway 11 and also had a ferry "landing." I believe the harbor might actually be called Pichilingue. The terminal building had "Welcome to La Paz" painted on the roof.

Can anyone tell me if this is the only place cruise ships dock for La Paz or is there another pier closer to town that cruise ships can use. We're going back there again in the fall (scheduled as a NON-tender port) and I'm trying to get specific arrival information to arrange some private excursions.

Thanks

Last year we went to La Paz with Princess and docked in a small harbor about a 15 or 20 minute drive north of the actual downtown area. The harbor was just off highway 11 and also had a ferry "landing." I believe the harbor might actually be called Pichilingue. The terminal building had "Welcome to La Paz" painted on the roof.

Can anyone tell me if this is the only place cruise ships dock for La Paz or is there another pier closer to town that cruise ships can use. We're going back there again in the fall (scheduled as a NON-tender port) and I'm trying to get specific arrival information to arrange some private excursions.

Thanks

Paul,

Pichilingue is the only cruise ship pier. I've been to La Paz a few times and we've always docked in Pichilingue. Actually.... I was on the shuttle bus to La Paz and a few people were complaining about the drive to La Paz. The bus driver told them "its the only place they can dock".

Are you going on the Crown in September?

• 5 months later...
We are thinking of doing a day pass at CostaBaja Resort which looks like it's on the way from the ship terminal to town. Has anyone had any experience with asking the driver to let you off or will we need to take a taxi?

Do they offer day passes? and if so might I ask how much? We haven't found an excursion for this stop and were thinking a resort or beach stop would be nice. Thanks.