Tour or Rent Car?

Kudos2Fly

We will be in Curacao from 8am-5pm. Trying to decide about renting a car and driving around on our own. The few post I have read about renting is they are more expensive to rent at the port and they may not even have a car.

So do they have taxis that will take you around the island or tour companies when you get off the ship that are reasonable in price? I don't find any interesting tours from the ship we would be interested in doing. So looking for other options.

Don't know if anyone has any "current" prices for renting a car or any of the "local" tour prices.

For a sightseeing tour you can count on $20 - $25 an hour.

Easy to find drivers at the port, but the better drivers get booked in advance.

You have great port hours, so renting a car will be cheaper and will give you more flexibility.

For a sightseeing tour you can count on $20 - $25 an hour.

Easy to find drivers at the port, but the better drivers get booked in advance.

You have great port hours, so renting a car will be cheaper and will give you more flexibility.

Thanks sounds good. Want to stay flexible at this port.

We will be in Curacao from 8am-5pm. Trying to decide about renting a car and driving around on our own. The few post I have read about renting is they are more expensive to rent at the port and they may not even have a car.

So do they have taxis that will take you around the island or tour companies when you get off the ship that are reasonable in price? I don't find any interesting tours from the ship we would be interested in doing. So looking for other options.

Don't know if anyone has any "current" prices for renting a car or any of the "local" tour prices.

We rented last March and it was the best decision. We drove to Playa Lagun - very easy to find and drive. We also stopped at the grocery store on the way to get a case of Amstel Light for the beach (drinking on the beach is legal). I rented a van and 10 of us went.

Playa Lagun was awesome- well worth the money. Great snorkeling from the beach.

Klink