Queen Elizabeth formal nights

flemtagg

Hi my wife and I have booked a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth for November and there are 3 formal nights which are Black and White ball, London ball and 175 ball does anybody know if I am allowed to wear my formal kilt outfit at theses balls or must I adhere to another dress code any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi my wife and I have booked a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth for November and there are 3 formal nights which are Black and White ball, London ball and 175 ball does anybody know if I am allowed to wear my formal kilt outfit at theses balls or must I adhere to another dress code any info would be appreciated.

Your kilt will be fine at any or all.

Went on a Queen Elizabeth cruise one year and one of the passengers wore a kilt every night. He had a formal Kilt and Prince Charlie outfit for formal nights and Kilt with more casual jackets etc. on the other nights. This was fine. Another cruise I went on two Scottish couples were drawn together by their husband's kilt attire. The wives chatted together whereas the guys ended up standing together with a series of people who wanted photos with them! It was quite a few.

Regards John

Your Kilt is perfect for all occasions on board, wear it with pride. Be prepared though you'll spend most of the night answering the age old question,

Och man...whats worn under your kilt...

that gets a bit old sometimes especially when, as I have had in my past, people lifting your kilt from behind as a "joke".

thats when my sense of humour goes south.

Edited by roscoe39