Bermuda weather the middle of May

horsefeathers75

Hi Everyone,

What is the weather in May in Bermuda, should I go to HBB in my bahing suit or forget getting into the water?

The air temperature will be okay for the bathing suit. The water temperature is too cool for me to stay long in the water in May, did May twice, but it may be ok for you. Some are used to cooler water and say the temp is fine for them. Also there is variation in water temperature from year to year. I noticed this June that the water temp was warmer than the previous June. Since you will be there in the last half of May I suggest giving it a shot. Even if the water is too cool the beach is beautiful.

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks for the feedback. I will try it out. I am not worried about Nassau or COCOCay because they are closer to the Carribean, I am just hoping no rain.

I visualize no rain at all! ;) Okay, MAYBE one ten minute shower. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Bermuda May 18 - 25th. Air temp was 75-80 during the day. Real feel was in the mid 80's with the dew point. At night it was about 70. Sea surface (water) temp was about 77. A little chilly at first, but once in, it was nice. It rained a lot the week we were there, which was disappointing. Normally, May is one of the least rainy months in BM.

We went mid May a few years ago and thought it was great. Warm but not overbearing during the day. Water felt warm to us but we are used to cool NY lakes. Only problem we had was it was jellyfish "season" and there were many in the water and washed up on the beaches. They actually had people policing the beaches to pick up the jellyfish.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk