Horseback Riding

raisin kane

We will be in Roatan aboard the Norwegian getaway in a few weeks. Was wanting to book horseback riding but there are no options through ncl. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience they would like to share. I've been researching different vendors but am very nervous about booking outside of the cruiseline.

Thanks!

I can't tell you what we have done, but can tell you what we are planning.

We will be using El Rancho Barrio Dorcas, and thus far the communication has been great. We are going with Victor Boden tours, so Victor's guide will be taking us there and back (we will also be doing zip lining through Boden as well). Boden has great reviews, so I'm feeling somewhat confident that we will get back to our ship in a timely manner.

Please let us know what you decide and how it goes!

We will be in Roatan aboard the Norwegian getaway in a few weeks. Was wanting to book horseback riding but there are no options through ncl. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience they would like to share. I've been researching different vendors but am very nervous about booking outside of the cruiseline.

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I don't do horses but we have used Victor Bodden numerous times and the guides have always been excellent. If they have a horseback riding trip I would say you won't be disappointed.

HI, thanks for the replies. In all my research I stumbled across the Havanna Beach Club. I've finally decide to book with them. I've heard very good things about Victor Bodens tours but El Ranch Barrio Dorcas concerned me as they had alot of negative reviews so I decided to steer clear.

I'll post an update when we get back to let yall know how Havana Beach Club was.

Thanks Again!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update. I settled on Havanna Beach Club for our horseback excursion & wasn't disappointed! Had a lovely time, my daughter & I were the only ones there. Had a beautiful ride & the whole beach to ourselves when we were done. Would definitely book with them again! Highly recommend!

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to update. I settled on Havanna Beach Club for our horseback excursion & wasn't disappointed! Had a lovely time, my daughter & I were the only ones there. Had a beautiful ride & the whole beach to ourselves when we were done. Would definitely book with them again! Highly recommend!

Hi sounds like your had a great experience at Havana Beach...did you book with them directly? We are cruising in March on RCI and want to do this in Roatan.. Did they meet you at the port, how did getting to the beach and back work? Did you pay cash or CC? Thanks for any additional info that you can give us thanks!

WAORGANY11

Yes it was a wonderful experience. I booked directly with havana beach club. After I emailed them & told them I wanted to book they sent me a paypal link. I paid 1/2 with credit through paypal & the other 1/2 in cash in person. They met me just outside the gates of the port on the street. Very easy to find. They had a van that they used to transport us in. Very nice drive across the island. Hope you have as wonderful time as we did!

Yes it was a wonderful experience. I booked directly with havana beach club. After I emailed them & told them I wanted to book they sent me a paypal link. I paid 1/2 with credit through paypal & the other 1/2 in cash in person. They met me just outside the gates of the port on the street. Very easy to find. They had a van that they used to transport us in. Very nice drive across the island. Hope you have as wonderful time as we did!

Thank you for the super quick reply. We have always booked our shore excursions through the ship, and are wanting to try something a little different this time and hopefully save some money along the way. Their pricing on web site is sort of confusing...is it one price to go there and an additional price for the horses? Sorry for all the questions. We just wNt to ride horses on the beach and in water, and do some snorkeling and relax. This will be our first stop on our cruise, each one of us have a port and are responsible for the shore excursion, four stops each family member has complete control over thier stop, as the dad, this is stop one and it needs to be good. LOL thanks again. All the best.

You're most welcome!

I had always booked through the ship as well but none of the stops this time had horseback riding so I went out on a limb. My husband was super nervous as he wasn't going with us but it all went well everyone was super nice & professional. We paid $ 80 per person for the horseback riding & that included use of the beach all day & transport to & from the ship.

You're most welcome!

I had always booked through the ship as well but none of the stops this time had horseback riding so I went out on a limb. My husband was super nervous as he wasn't going with us but it all went well everyone was super nice & professional. We paid $ 80 per person for the horseback riding & that included use of the beach all day & transport to & from the ship.

How long was the drive from the port? And how did you know how and where to link up with the driver? Thanks sorry for all the questions.

No problem. When I booked with them they told me where to meet them. i think they may have even provided a map, can't remember for sure. It was relatively easy to find. The driver was holding up a sign with our name on it. The trip was about 20 minutes one way, but it gave a nice tour of the Island.

• 3 months later...
I can't tell you what we have done, but can tell you what we are planning.

We will be using El Rancho Barrio Dorcas, and thus far the communication has been great. We are going with Victor Boden tours, so Victor's guide will be taking us there and back (we will also be doing zip lining through Boden as well). Boden has great reviews, so I'm feeling somewhat confident that we will get back to our ship in a timely manner.

Please let us know what you decide and how it goes!

Norwane

Can you tell me how this went. Im so concerned of the only reviews Im finding not being good. Much appreciated.