Freedom vs Independence

boonert

My wife and I are going to book a cruise in May and it's come down to either Freedom or Independence. We don't really care about where the ship goes-we don't usually get off the ship- we cruise to be on the ship.

So- anyone who's been on both ships- which one did you like better?

We will be on Indy in March so I can't compare yet. But from other posts and reviews that I have read the shows may be better on Freedom and Indy does not have Freestyle Coke machine. We loved Freedom but that's not enough to be a deal breaker for me. Most people love Indy so you really can't go wrong either way. Since visiting ports aren't important maybe the embarkation port will make the difference.

I have been on both ships and until the recent "improvements" on the Freedom I would have said they were equally enjoyable... probably just choose from whichever port was more convenient. Now I think I would go with the Indy... this way you could experience what the Freedom used to be! I'm very disappointed in the addition of the new cabins particularly on deck twelve. IMO the added passenger count is not going to add to your cruise experience.

Edited by BillB48

I have cruised on both ships and the Freedom wins easily. My cruise on the Indy was it's first back in Florida after being in Europe during the summer. The shops were poorly stocked and the overall experience makes me consider the Freedom as the best.