Brilliance Fo

We just booked a forward facing extra-large ocean view cabin for the September 2018 Trans-Atlantic crossing on the Brilliance (cabin 7000). We had a forward area OV on the Harmony TA and loved it. We saw the forward facing OV at that time and was impressed with the extra space. We were wondering if anyone would have a picture or any experience with that category cabin that they would share.

We know we have to keep the curtains closed at night to prevent light interference with the bridge and that is ok. But are we allowed to open them to look out if the lights in the cabin are all turned out? Would love to see the lights outside of the ship at night! Also, the motion does not bother us. We know there will be a lot more motion felt that far forward.

We just booked a forward facing extra-large ocean view cabin for the September 2018 Trans-Atlantic crossing on the Brilliance (cabin 7000). We had a forward area OV on the Harmony TA and loved it. We saw the forward facing OV at that time and was impressed with the extra space. We were wondering if anyone would have a picture or any experience with that category cabin that they would share.

We know we have to keep the curtains closed at night to prevent light interference with the bridge and that is ok. But are we allowed to open them to look out if the lights in the cabin are all turned out? Would love to see the lights outside of the ship at night! Also, the motion does not bother us. We know there will be a lot more motion felt that far forward.

Sure you can open the curtains if you've got the lights off.

I have stayed in room 7004 on both Radiance and Jewel and they are FO category, new 1K. I thought 7000 might be identical, but I was just looking at the Brilliance deck plan and 7000 is showing category H by the old categorization or 2M by the new deck plans. I'd be glad to share my pics of 7004 room on sister ships, but not sure it would help.

I actually made an error on this thread's title so I reposted a new one as I was unable to change it once posted. I felt the title would be confusing and I would not get the responses I was looking for. I meant to make the title "Brilliance Forward OV Cabins", but when I posted most of the title disappeared. I am not sure if it was the website, my wonky keyboard, or operator error.:o But thank you for the response. I am actually hoping to see some pictures of the forward facing OV cabins on the Brilliance specifically, although any Radiance Class ship would probably have similar cabins. I am actually thinking of booking one of these cabins on the Radiance for Spring 2019, also. So, I am hoping we like it!:cool:

• 2 months later...
I have stayed in room 7004 on both Radiance and Jewel and they are FO category, new 1K. I thought 7000 might be identical, but I was just looking at the Brilliance deck plan and 7000 is showing category H by the old categorization or 2M by the new deck plans. I'd be glad to share my pics of 7004 room on sister ships, but not sure it would help.

Hi sunsetatsea,

I've just booked 7004 on Radiance for a South Pacific cruise with the family and would love to see pics of the room if possible.

Thanks