Dream spa, quick question

jumping off some other posts here recently... i just booked a 7 day spa pass for me for the thassilotherapy pool and the aromatherapy rooms. $119.00

I think I'm just going to do it and bundle 3 services. I have a lot of high stress events in my life right now and I need some pampering.

I was thinking massage, pedicure and what else? I'd like to try the detox accupuncture. Has anyone tried that?

Do you get a day pass with a service? Did I make a mistake getting a pass plus 3 services? Does anyone use the services to get the pass?

I'm normally all over a spa, but this will actually be my first cruise going to the spa!

(No negatives, please. I'm hoping for the best and will deal with anything that may pop up).

Yes! Cruise manager---> book spa services. Apparently the best prices are before you get onboard?

I booked a couples massage for DH and me for first sea day (embark sunday at 4) which is Monday and there were only 3 spots available.

Cheapest was during embarkation and around dinner and on port days.

They have a 30% off bundle package right now. I was going to bundle 3 for me, but I decided to try and loosen up DH early. (He has a high stress job). So for now I have the 7 day spa pass and a couples massage booked.

I have a spa cabin next week on the Dream and plan on doing massages and a facial. I've done both in the past and love them! If you plan on doing a facial just make note they do not do extractions due to your skin being exposed to the sun all week. My face still felt fabulous afterwards:)

You either book a Cloud 9 Spa cabin or buy the pass. You have to buy the pass aboard in the Spa. We had the Spa cabin last 4 cruises and loved it, however, we never use their overpriced spa services. We get massages at home for $60 an hour. We find the spa to be one big sales pitch. You can figure double the price of any spa in the states, except upscale hotel, which I exclude. remember the Spa is owned by Stiener International and does not work for Carnival.

I booked the spa pass online under cruise manager for $119.00 for 7 days and a 50 minute couples massage for $208, which is not much more than regular prices.... well it's more by about 60 dollars, which we dexidex to pay.I think the key is to book online before you go. The prices online right now seem reasonable to me, especially considering that if I bundle them, I get 30% off.

My face is ridiculously sensitive and I can only use water to clean it. I don't think I should book a facial. Since I booked the couples massage, I think I'm going to hold on and not book more.

Thanks for the discussion.

Edited by spleenstomper

j

I was thinking massage, pedicure and what else? I'd like to try the detox accupuncture. Has anyone tried that?

Acupuncture is not a one shot (pardon the pun) treatment. It's more like physical therapy or chiropractic treatment, one round might get you feeling good for a few hours or even half a day. It's the continuous treatments after that provide a long lasting sense of wellness or relief of symptoms for any length of time. Though certain on board treatments, like the seasickness treatment, do work for many with only 1 or 2 appointments during the cruise.

Normally you start with an every day or every other day appointment for the first 2-3 weeks, then move to a 2 times a week for about another month, and after that if things are going well to once a week or once every other week for 6 months. Most practitioners at that point will re-evaluate your prognosis letting you know if you should continue with "maintenance" appointments at least once a month.