Limoncello on the QE?

Oahucruiser

Would someone who is sailing on the QE2 in the near future please find out if any of the bars stock limoncello? I may buy a small bottle in NY before the world cruise if they don't.

Paul, the wonderful bartender on the QM2, said that they order it constantly but it never arrives. I hope it's different on the QE2. Thanks!!!

Would someone who is sailing on the QE2 in the near future please find out if any of the bars stock limoncello? I may buy a small bottle in NY before the world cruise if they don't.

Paul, the wonderful bartender on the QM2, said that they order it constantly but it never arrives. I hope it's different on the QE2. Thanks!!!

Matthew has an Italian friend (Fabio!), who also wants limoncello onboard QE2, so hopefully he will read this and be able to offer some more information.

I remember talking about limoncello and its cousins, meloncello et al. on one of these forums. I'm planning to pick up some meloncello prior to our Rome departure as you cannot find it here in the States.

How do you drink lemoncello.

Straight on the rocks, or can you mix it with tonic water or something else.

Bought some on our Amalfi trip, but cannot remember what they said to mix it with. Thought it was tonic water.

Right.

Keep the bottle in the freezer. Not the fridge.

Pour into small glass.

Drink.

Repeat as necessary

Fall over.

I'd not mix it with anything - and if you're concerned with authenticity - I've been trained by Fabio, who is a Neopolitan through and through.

Matthew

Not the Italian way.....

But, ultimately, whatever floats your liner.

Matthew

We haven't got room in the freezer for anything else, esp a glass bottle. So I put it in a glass with some ice. The trick is to drink it quickly enough the ice doesn't dilute it. Then fall over.

Archived