Lunch

Star1

Where would you eat? We will be in West End and West Bay Beach.

I know we will want some food. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

In West End, there are a number of smaller restaurants and belidia (honduran tacos) stands. Try Mavis and Dixie's on the beach for good seafood search these links for other choices.

http://www.roatanonline.com/dining.htm

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g292019-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

I ate the best fish ceviche @ the Mayan Princess for $ 8. It was a huge platter & it was served with crunchy plantain strips. Later we went to a typical local place & ate pork with rice & beans. Why are people so afraid to eat on these islands? The only problem I had was I was too full for 8:15 dinner.

• 3 weeks later...

In July, we were taken to a small area of Half Moon Bay, distal to the main public beach, by our Victor Bodden guide. The beach was wonderfully shaded with free lounge chairs and was very tranquil. We were one of about 4 families. The snorkeling ($7) was spectacular. My 2 boys (14 & 12 yo) could have spent the whole day in the water. To snorkel this same spot of reef from the main beach, you'd have to swim about 1/4 mile. so, we pretty much had the reef to ourselves.

For lunch, we walked next door to the Half Moon Bay Restaurant (I think that's what it was called). This was a beautiful open-air restaurant sitting right on the water overlooking the reef. From our table, at the water's edge, we could see numerous colorful fish. I had lobster, which was delicious (but not as cheap as I hoped, ~$20). My wife had coconut shrimp, which was also very good and the boys split some chicken. Overall, the food was very good, but the location was paradise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived