Snorkel from beach

margincall

We will have a large group-some that might want to just relax or swim from the beach others that want to snorkel. What would be the best place to do this

Hi, I am looking for the same thing. Great beach with some snorkeling and nice facilities. From what I am reading so far, it is Bananaramaresort.

It sits on the beautiful West Bay Beach and snorkeling site. It has restaurant and facilities for use. So we are going there via Taxi.

Guys......For a fun, relaxed day at the beach with great snorkling right off shore, you can't go wrong with West Bay. Take a taxi, get dropped off at Bananarama, enjoy a good lunch at Thirsty Turtle Bar and Grill; for the best snorkling: walk down to the water taxi pier, swim out about 50 feet just left of the pier. You'll come across the 1st line of reef. Go another 50 feet across a sandy area to the next line of reef. After that it goes straight down to deep indigo blue. Think "Nemo". Remember, be very careful and avoid touching any of the reef. It sometimes gets pretty shallow swimming out to the 1st line of reef. I have been going to Roatan the past 2 years and plan on returning to this piece of paradise for many years to come.

Have fun....

kraz......not sure, we took free shuttles (part of the lodging deal) from airport to WB. The cruise days always mean higher taxi prices. Normally, on non cruise days you would probably pay $10-$12.....when the ship is in, I guess double that. But remember everything is negotiable. Get the best price, and enjoy the most beautiful beach (IMO) in the Caribbean. Check out the traveler's photos of Roatan on Tripadvisor.com. You'll see.

Archived