Allure vs Freedom vs Vision - differences?

How does the size of a class of ship make a difference to you?

Do you get more/larger: public rooms, pools, dining options, entertainment with size. Or is the perception of more crowding and lines, less seats, with more people?

Thx,

Alex

RCI designs their ships for the optimal public spaces based on the max. passenger load....so no matter the size of the ship, the public areas are not "crowded" feeling. The exception to that rule is when shows let out....that's always slow going...but that's about it!

Of course, Allure/Oasis does have more entertainment options...simply because of it's size!

Allure was a great design and public spaces rarely feel crowded except when shows end or its dinner time at the MDR. Freedom class felt crowded all the time for us. Not as much to do or see on Vision class but only half the crowds as the others. Pools on all are always crowded on sea days but on port days its very quiet.

Having sailed on all three, I really think the Allure is my favorite ship. Especially because there were no crowds, at least where we liked to hang out. The central park area as well as Boardwalk were rarely crowded and I would say empty much of the time. The areas that are crowded would be the buffet (on every ship) and pool deck on sea days, etc.

I think the only slight drawback to the Allure size ships ( and also the NCL Epic) is the change in entertainment schedule. You no longer go to the main theater every night after (or before) dinner. The theaters cannot hold the number of people they now have on the ship. Thus you get one or two primary shows in the main theater for a week and other entertainment in smaller venues. The Chicago production on Allure was fantastic, so that makes up somewhat. So the entertainment on Allure was very good, but I do think you get less of it. I suspect all cruise lines are going to start following this model.

That said, I would definitely choose allure or oasis if I had the choice.

Have fun.

Edited by jwith2boys