Coco Cay

Steelbreeze

They have a great place to snorkel. Walk past the cabanas and you will see a great big beach. If you swim out to the right, there is a mock bow of a ship. If you swim left of that, there is a canon. And if you swim straight out, there are two planes they sank. Lots of fish and really fun. You can bring your own snorkel gear. But you MUST have or rent a snorkel vest. There is a 10min safety class that you take and they will point out where the landmarks are. BTW- they do have floating docks out in the water if you need to take a break from swimming out to those spots. Hope this helps. Happy Sailing!!!

Edited by BlueSkySailing

I'm wondering if there is a decent snorkeling beach at coco cay? We will be there in early December? If so, which part of the island should we go with our own equipment? Thanks

We go far to the left towards where the ship anchors where there is a reef with some decent snokeling. You will likely need a snorkel vest. If you don't have one, you can rent one for $6 per person.

They have a great place to snorkel. Walk past the cabanas and you will see a great big beach. If you swim out to the right, there is a mock bow of a ship. If you swim left of that, there is a canon. And if you swim straight out, there are two planes they sank. Lots of fish and really fun. You can bring your own snorkel gear. But you MUST have or rent a snorkel vest. There is a 10min safety class that you take and they will point out where the landmarks are. BTW- they do have floating docks out in the water if you need to take a break from swimming out to those spots. Hope this helps. Happy Sailing!!!

Agreed that it has a beach for great snorkeling. Was just there on Majesty this past August. My DH and I have our own snorkel equipment. I cannot swim so I rented a vest. My husband however can swim . He did not have to rent one. They do have signs posted I believe that vests are required , but don't think they are enforced . When renting it they asked how many and I said just one for myself , my husband doesn't need one. It wasn't a problem. My sisters were also there earlier this year and neither rented vests . Don't know if it was different for anyone else because we all know rules and experiences can differ from sailing to sailing . With Royal sometimes it's the luck of the draw.

Edited by wild0826
Misspelling