Crowds... Congestion?

Size12Stilettos

Since the Eastern Caribbean cruises are now being diverted to the Western Caribbean with Cozumel being one of their ports, are folks who have recently cruised through noticed any congestion? I'm trying to ascertain if a cruise in the upcoming weeks to the Western Caribbean is worth it or will I be miserable due to overcrowding.

Any insight is appreciated.

But as I also said on that thread, these schedules are most likely not accurate for any changes due to hurricanes.

But if you look at them for dates when more than 4 ships are in, they should give you a sense of how many people can be there. I think the dock space for 8 ships is the max, but could be wrong. Again, not every day in Coz is filled to the brim so rescheduling might not bring 8 ships total in on any given day. Coz can handle the crowds easily, Popular beaches like Mr Sanchos and Paradise Beach will most likely be crowded but not full.

Honestly....... Cozumel is the port that is best equipped to handle a dozen ships in port. In fact, before the 3rd port area was built, they used to handle 12 ships at a time, with tenders running. Now that Carnival has built their own port, Puerta Maya, that can hold 3 ships at the same time, you don't see tenders.

As far as crowds go....there are hundreds of taxis and dozens of beach clubs, and dozens of resorts, and hundreds of excursions. They can handle lots of cruises with ease.

That is the reason most of these ships are going to Cozumel....the ports can handle it. And the locals will welcome you with open arms. Friendliest island in Caribbean, too.

Have fun. We are headed back to Cozumel for a week land vacation in just 2 weeks. It is our home away from home and try to spend a full week there every year. We love it that much.

robin