GC beach

bamagirl14

This past March we did the stingray excursion with Moby Dick Tours & it was amazing. Next March I would like to try simply going to the beach and swimming and snorkeling some Have looked at Royal Palms and it looks great but my kids would not understand "adult only" pool haha. What else would you suggest for a beach day? Preferably would like a location where we can find food and/or drinks if needed. I'm just really stumped on what else to do in GC besides stingray and turtles lol

• 3 weeks later...
This past March we did the stingray excursion with Moby Dick Tours & it was amazing. Next March I would like to try simply going to the beach and swimming and snorkeling some Have looked at Royal Palms and it looks great but my kids would not understand "adult only" pool haha. What else would you suggest for a beach day? Preferably would like a location where we can find food and/or drinks if needed. I'm just really stumped on what else to do in GC besides stingray and turtles lol

I second Seagrapes public beach on Seven Mile in Grand Cayman. Calico Jacks is a bar that offers snacks and food right on the beach next to it. You can get burgers, hotdogs, chicken fingers, etc. Not cheap, but the food is good and the drinks are great. If you wanted to rent any water toys, Red Sail Sports has rentals in the same area.

You could also try Rum Point Beach Club. I used to live on Grand Cayman, so I am comfortable renting a car for the day and making the drive when visiting by cruise ship. It takes about 45 minutes each way, but the beach is so lovely with more shade than Seven Mile and the water is extra calm and still. It is still the same clear blue water as Seven Mile. They have free loungers, chairs, and a beach volleyball court plus water toy rentals. There is no entrance fee. There is also a restaurant with a bar there with lunch and snack foods, plus changing facilities. You may want to see if your cruise line offers an excursion there as I am not sure what a taxi would charge to take you and come back to get you.

Edited by CocoCandy

I am interested in finding out whether there will be someone to rent chairs and umbrella for a couple of hours on Seagrape Beach. If so how much does it cost to rent? Also how much time should we allow to get back to boat from this beach especially with a tender by bus and by taxi?

Thanks

Eva

Edited by emcp

I am interested in finding out whether there will be someone to rent chairs and umbrella for a couple of hours on Seagrape Beach. If so how much does it cost to rent? Also how much time should we allow to get back to boat from this beach especially with a tender by bus and by taxi?

Thanks

Eva

Hi Eva,

I am not sure about the costs of the umbrella and chair rentals on Seagrapes Public Beach, so maybe someone else can help with that.

I would leave the beach at least 45 mins before the last tender departs. Usually it is a quick 10 minute drive from the port. However, having lived there, I have seen the traffic backups on West Bay Road between the beach and the port on busy days and it is better to be safe with time.