Herbalife

nurseingu

Anyone here ever used the Herbalife products and followed their program? If so what did you think of it?

Karen

Scam, scam, scam, scam, scam.

You can buy other brands of protein powder yourself for half the price. They try to hook you in so that you become a distributor yourself as a down-link (or whatever terminology they use) and so they can share the profits of whatever you sell.

Don't buy into it!

• 2 weeks later...

I used it in the 80s!! and also became a rep for Herbalife but only sold it to my nursing colleagues .

For me it worked fantastically well, although looking back I was not fat !!

I only had the shake once a day and the supplements three times daily and that worked for me , everyone is different .

One of my friends who unfortunately was fat ! also swore by it she became very slim too .

Try it .........you only have weight to lose !!:)

• 3 weeks later...

We just came off an RCCL cruise in Panamá where Herbalife people from Mexico were 1,200 out of the 2,400 passengers.

In the main dining room in the morning, instead of eating breakfast, they would take out a huge shoebox/tupperware container with partitions that contained dozens of different pills and would only eat all of those pills together with multiple shakes and magic potions blended in their special green logo cups.

Spain recommends not consuming their products because they have been tied to liver-related deaths. Germany and Israel say the same thing -- in Israel they are close to banning them.

Courts in Belgium have held that Herbalife is an illegal pyramid scheme.

Recently, their worldwide auditor, KPMG, suddenly resigned.

They earn more than 60% of their total worldwide revenues preying on poor people with limited studies in Latin America enticing them to invest so that they can have their own business, financial independence, and become millionaires.

Only 1% of people who sign up reap back their investment and earn some money. The other 99% lose everything.

Let the buyer beware and have fun consuming their magic potions.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At the risk of being flamed, this is the program I am using and it is easy and working. My personal plan set with my herbalife nutritionist and with my doctor's approval is as follows:

No diet drinks and the only sweetener I use is Stevia. I drink 2 cups of the herbalife tea every morning. (burns 70 cal. per cup). I take the Herbalife aloe concentrate to help with regularity. I keep my calories at 1200 per day. I try to have half my weight in grams of protein per day.(Easy example, if you weigh 200 lbs. you would have 100 grams of protein per day.) I take my own vitamins and supplements. I try to drink 8-8oz glasses of water daily.

I like a large breakfast so I have a bowl of oatmeal, Dannon light and fit greek yogurt (80 cal), Smart Ones egg muffin (210 cal) or the equivalent of egg and bread.

Lunch is an Herbalife shake.

Afternoon snack of fruit (50 to 100 cal) Atkins protein bar (180 cal).

Evening snack/light meal of tilapia (80 cal) and spinach and tomato salad or other veg (20 cal).

Supper is an Herbalife snack.

This is set to fit in with my own personal life style and choices and is not "set in stone". I do try to stick to the 1200 cal every day. About every 3 weeks I go off program and have a steak meal heavy in protein which actually seems to have the "speed up the metabolism" effect because I usually lose an extra pound on two afterwards. I keep carbs to a minimum and try to make sure they are whole grain.

I do not try to diet while I am cruising. I try to walk or swim daily and I feel great. Hope you are having luck with your program.

Edited by Honeybearhollow
clarification

At the risk of being flamed, this is the program I am using and it is easy and working. My personal plan set with my herbalife nutritionist and with my doctor's approval is as follows:

No diet drinks and the only sweetener I use is Stevia. I drink 2 cups of the herbalife tea every morning. (burns 70 cal. per cup). I take the Herbalife aloe concentrate to help with regularity. I keep my calories at 1200 per day. I try to have half my weight in grams of protein per day.(Easy example, if you weigh 200 lbs. you would have 100 grams of protein per day.) I take my own vitamins and supplements. I try to drink 8-8oz glasses of water daily.

I like a large breakfast so I have a bowl of oatmeal, Dannon light and fit greek yogurt (80 cal), Smart Ones egg muffin (210 cal) or the equivalent of egg and bread.

Evening snack/light meal of tilapia (80 cal) and spinach and tomato salad or other veg (20 cal).

This is set to fit in with my own personal life style and choices and is not "set in stone". I do try to stick to the 1200 cal every day. About every 3 weeks I go off program and have a steak meal heavy in protein which actually seems to have the "speed up the metabolism" effect because I usually lose an extra pound on two afterwards. I keep carbs to a minimum and try to make sure they are whole grain.

I do not try to diet while I am cruising. I try to walk or swim daily and I feel great. Hope you are having luck with your program.

Sorry, correction: Supper is an Herbalife SHAKE.

• 3 weeks later...

I used the Herbalife products back in 1996 and lost about 80 pounds, and my doctor took me off all my blood pressure meds. They do have a lot of good products.

I still use the Herbalife herbal tea, because since I do not drink coffee, I drink their tea instead for my morning start.

Last Christmas I went on a cruise and the 5 months leading up to it, I switched over to use the Beachbody Shakeology shakes for breakfast and do the P90X exercise program, and lost several inches, 20 lbs and put on muscle. After the cruise I continued on with the Shakeology shakes and their exercise programs (i.e. HipHopAbs, P90X) and am down a total of 50 lbs so far in the past year.

I like their 3 prong approach to fitness: structured exercise program, nutritional shake, and teaching on healthier eating choices. And they assigned a coach to me to guide me and tweek my eating and exercise regiment.

If interested, message me, and I can hook you up with one of their coaches.

artificial ingredients/sweeteners and synthetic vitamins..no thanks.

Exactly. I use protein powder daily. The one I use is called The Organic Whey. It has ONE ingredient. Organic whey. All those chemicals are just poison for your body.

You would lose the same without the Herbalife. Seriously, there is no secret behind what you are doing. Substitute real food for the Herbalife and you'll be healthier and lose the same way.

I used the Herbalife products back in 1996 and lost about 80 pounds, and my doctor took me off all my blood pressure meds. They do have a lot of good products.

I still use the Herbalife herbal tea, because since I do not drink coffee, I drink their tea instead for my morning start.

Last Christmas I went on a cruise and the 5 months leading up to it, I switched over to use the Beachbody Shakeology shakes for breakfast and do the P90X exercise program, and lost several inches, 20 lbs and put on muscle. After the cruise I continued on with the Shakeology shakes and their exercise programs (i.e. HipHopAbs, P90X) and am down a total of 50 lbs so far in the past year.

I like their 3 prong approach to fitness: structured exercise program, nutritional shake, and teaching on healthier eating choices. And they assigned a coach to me to guide me and tweek my eating and exercise regiment.

If interested, message me, and I can hook you up with one of their coaches.

You don't need Herbalife or a coach to get the same results. What a scam.

• 2 weeks later...
You would lose the same without the Herbalife. Seriously, there is no secret behind what you are doing. Substitute real food for the Herbalife and you'll be healthier and lose the same way.

You are absolutely correct, but two shakes with extra protein is 290 calories. I would be hard pressed to find food offering the same nutrition and protein for that number of calories. I like the shakes and it is easy. It is easy for me to stay on this program, so for me this is working. I am not saying everyone should do it and it might not always be the best program for me, but it is right now. And, according to my Dr. I am in very good health and he is pleased.

You are absolutely correct, but two shakes with extra protein is 290 calories. I would be hard pressed to find food offering the same nutrition and protein for that number of calories. I like the shakes and it is easy. It is easy for me to stay on this program, so for me this is working. I am not saying everyone should do it and it might not always be the best program for me, but it is right now. And, according to my Dr. I am in very good health and he is pleased.

Sure you could. Shakes made with vegetables, fruits, fat free yogurt and protein powder are healthier and equally as filling with the same calories. They also eliminate the chemicals found in commercially processed foods. Use organic and non-GMO and organic protein powder and you'll have a much, much, much healthier diet of better tasting food.

• 1 year later...

Don't let haters change what works for you. My wife's cousin tried numerous diets with no success. She tried herbalife and went from 500 lbs to 200lbs. It worked for her and it has worked for many and not worked for others. Some people like cruising and some do not. Good luck. Me? I just like the shakes and nothing else and I have lost 20lbs in a few months.

• 2 months later...

I've been flirting with using Herbalife as I have a cousin who was selling it so I bought some of the products to help her out. I'm starting a workout regimen so I will finish up what I have from Herbalife and see if I like it before I order anything else. I did like the tea and it kept me from drinking coffee, which I need to eliminate completely. Will come back and post my thoughts in a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

My sons girlfriend is hooked on her slide but seeing as she's lost 45lb doing it and kept it off for a year I have to applaud her and anyone that's successful in keeping off the weight with any diet.

I myself can't do shakes or anything that means mixing things or taking tablets.

My son did it for a little while to just get off 15lbs quickly to help with his military fitness routine and he stopped because he found himself losing too much muscle mass