Us Air...grrrrr!

BROG80

Ok, So I Got Back From My Cruise On The Sensation Yesterday.i Was Very Nervous To Fly.we Got To The Airport On Sunday Morning Around 5:45 Am As Our Flight Was Taking Off At 8 Am.we Got Our Curbside Tickets And There Was No Seat Numbers On Them.when The Guy Got Up To The Podium,he Told Everyone That They Downsized Planes And 59 People Were Being Bumped Off!note That,we Were Arriving In Orlando,driving To Port Canaveral,then Boarding The Ship That Day.(we Booked Through The Cruise Line)i Went From Being Nervous To Wanting To Just Get On The Plane!when We Went Up To The Podium To See Our Stauts, The Guy Told Us We Were First To Get Called On If There Were Spare Seats!people Were Going Nuts,we Weren't Because My Husband And I Both Work Customer Service Jobs And We Realize That It Wasn't The Poor Guys Fault.so At The End Of Boarding,we Gently Mentioned That We Had A Ship To Catch And They Got Us On.

Coming Back,i Had A Seat Number And My Husband Didn't!there Were Actually Families With Small Children (babies)that The Kids Had Seats But The Parents Didn 't!it Was The Same Reason,they "downsized The Plane"hmmmm.....i'm Seeing A Trend Here.long Story Short,we Both Ended Up On The Plane.

I Was Quite Sick B/c I Was Pretty Sick On The Ship B/c We Had A Few Rough Days And I Was Really Queasey.so We Get On The Plane And My Husband Was Sat Really Far Back From Me And I Was In The Middle Of 2 Strangers.being I Was So Ill To My Stomach,i Asked The Flight Attendant If I Could Possibly Move Closer To The Restroom Or Even An Aisle Seat.she Was Like "no,there's A Bathroom Down There"that Bathroom Was At The Back Of The Plane And I Was The Front Of Coach So It Was A Distance.then She Very Abruptly Told Me I Needed To Put My Pocketbook In The Overhead.i Was Like "my Pocketbook,really?,i Have My Little Bottle Of Coke In There That's Helping My Stomach"she Just Said "you Can Get It Out After Take-off"and Just Walked Away!i've Never Had To Put My Purse In The Overhead.even On The Way There.not That I Am A Big Flyer,i Am Actually A Pretty Nervous One.but,i Will Never Fly Us Air Again.and I Am A Waitress For 15 Years Now And I Would Never Treat Or Talk Down To Anyone The Way She Did Me.especially Someone Who Was Sick Like I Was.what Would Have Happened If I Did Get Sick In The Seat?would She Have Gotten Mad At Me?just A Little Vent.thanks For Listening!

First, the purse. If you are in a bulkhead, you must put everything in the overhead compartments for takeoff and landing. This is because the floor space at your feet needs to be clear and empty during those times (in case of emergency, no items for passengers to trip over). You are not allowed to have items in your hands during those times either, so no holding the purse (which I assume was large since you could put a bottle of coke into it). If you had been at another row, you would have been required to put it under the seat in front of you -- with no seat in front in your case, it has to go up.

As for the "downsizing". Yes, this does happen, but is not any kind of regular thing. No airline wants to deliberately upset passengers, nor go through the gyrations needs to rebook them on alternate flights. You got hit by lightning twice.

A couple of things that could have helped. If you monitor your flight status, you might have noticed an equipment shift if US had posted it. Also, online checkin will show you the aircraft being used at the seat-selection phase. Futher, OLCI would show that you had either non-assigned or separated seats. It might not have resolved the situation, but it would definitely have alerted you to a potential issue.

I Didn't Realize That About The Purse,as I Always Could Have One Under Myseat.i Understand,and I Don't Mind.i Just Think It Was The Flight Attendant's Tone That Upset Me So Much.plus With Feeling The Way I Did,i Was More Sensitive To It.

We Did Check Both The Flights A Day Ahead Of Time And They Both Said We Were 100% Good To Go With Definite,sitting Together Seats.oh Well,it Is What It Is.i Had A Good Time All In All And I Am Just Happy That We Got Up In The Air And Landed Safely.i Do Know That Stuff Happens,just Shocked That Like You Said,got Hit By Lightening Twice Basically.

I Didn't Realize That About The Purse,as I Always Could Have One Under Myseat.i Understand,and I Don't Mind.i Just Think It Was The Flight Attendant's Tone That Upset Me So Much.plus With Feeling The Way I Did,i Was More Sensitive To It.

We Did Check Both The Flights A Day Ahead Of Time And They Both Said We Were 100% Good To Go With Definite,sitting Together Seats.oh Well,it Is What It Is.i Had A Good Time All In All And I Am Just Happy That We Got Up In The Air And Landed Safely.i Do Know That Stuff Happens,just Shocked That Like You Said,got Hit By Lightening Twice Basically.

I have a family member that is a flight attendant for USAirways and I REFUSE to fly on that airline for similiar reasons as you have stated... their service is terrible, they are constantly changing aircraft (simply because they are not filling their larger aircraft on many flights and changing to regional jets carrying less passengers and more profitable to fly when full), and to top it off is when they go peddling their c.card applications down the aisles as if they are salespeople Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Someone Feels My Pain!i Haven't Flown In Years And Was Pretty Nervous....the One Good Thing About It Was When We Didn't Know If We Would Make It On The Plane,i Turned And Said To My Husband"i've Been Dreading This Flight For Months And Now I Just Want To Get On The Darn Plane"so It Actually Made That Anxiety Better.but Brought On Alot More!!

Archived