Celebrity Cruise Shuttle to/from Blankenberge, Belgium?

We are on the July 11 sailing of Celebrity Eclipse. We dock at Zeebrugge and I understand some ships have a shuttle to the train station at Blankenberge. From there we can take the train to Bruge.

Can anyone enlighten me about what Celebrity does for passengers by way of a bus or tram 1-- to the security gate at the port and 2--to the Blankenberge train station. Is there a cost?

We are going to DIY as much as possible and don't want to spend $50 for the ship transport to Bruge. Has anyone walked from the security gate to the Blankenberge station?

Thanks,

JoAnn

I would ask on the Celebrity forum

The port supplies a free shuttle to the gates but the cruise line may also supply a shuttle to the train station

We just pre booked a taxi with a group from our roll call to go into Bruges

There is a buscompany at the terminal which serves the connection between the cruiseterminal and Blankenberge. Tickets can be purchased at the busstand. Bus stops just around the corner at the railwaystation. Please note that for the moment the railwaystation is modernised and under construction.

I cannot give more information about the cost of the tickets for this year.

Take in account that transfertime between cruiseterminal and Blankenberge takes about 20 minutes. Trainride to Brugge takes another 20 minutes at least.

The railwaycompany accepts creditcards at their counters. Please keep in mind the time of the last shuttlebus from Blankenberge to the cruiseterminal. A taxiride from Zeebrugge-Brugge takes only 30 minutes each way.

• 2 weeks later...