Safaga

tring

Have done some searching and Safaga sounds a really bad port if you do not want to go to Luxor (we have spent 2 weeks there in a hotel).

There does not seem to be anything around the port apart from a few hotels a bit further out, so we are thinking it may be worth trying to get a day pass to one of them. Has anyone done this and if so, could you give me any details, including approximate price?

The cruise in Question has no other ports between Salalah and Heraklion, with lots of sea days at that stage, so it would be worth getting off the ship to anywhere, even though a hotel would not normally appeal to us in any way. A port review mentions cement dust coming over a ship when docked in Safaga so staying on the ship does not sound too pleasant either.

Any other ideas about Safaga would be welcome as well, but doing the washing is about all I can think of at present!

Cheers,

Barbara

Edited by tring

as you have been to Luxor ,so you can enjoy your day trip from Safaga port snorkeling to see nice coral and fish or submarine trip or Camel ride on the desert include Bedouin tea to see Bedouin live or you can enjoy your day trip to visit Hurghada as city tour even you can have nice fish or nice Egyptian food on lunch time.but Im not advice you to stay at Safaga hotels because all the Hotels there its not nice and dusty.

if you are looking for more ideas you can contact Hass.on his email: hassany488@hotmail.com he is a nice guy.

as you have been to Luxor ,so you can enjoy your day trip from Safaga port snorkeling to see nice coral and fish or submarine trip or Camel ride on the desert include Bedouin tea to see Bedouin live or you can enjoy your day trip to visit Hurghada as city tour even you can have nice fish or nice Egyptian food on lunch time.but Im not advice you to stay at Safaga hotels because all the Hotels there its not nice and dusty.

if you are looking for more ideas you can contact Hass.on his email: hassany488@hotmail.com he is a nice guy.

Thank you, I appreciate the response about a port which is very difficult to find details for. Our cruise is quite awhile away, but I will look into Hurghada nearer to the time. I do not snorkel and we have done camel and Bedouin type trips elsewhere in North Africa.

Thank you, I appreciate the response about a port which is very difficult to find details for. Our cruise is quite awhile away, but I will look into Hurghada nearer to the time. I do not snorkel and we have done camel and Bedouin type trips elsewhere in North Africa.

Interesting first post from mummy. Beware.