Ship Time??

Studman

Just wondering about the time. I believe that ship time is the actual time of where the ship departed from and does not change for the time difference of the places it visits.

So when in St Thomas on a ship that left Ft Lauderdale, ship time would be 1 hour behind that of St Thomas.

The question I have is when they say (RCL) the ship arrives at 10 am, which time is it?

10 am Ft Lauderdale time or 10 am St Thomas time and what time is it when the ship leaves?

We are traveling Feb 26th to March 5th on Allure out of Ft Lauderdale

Edited by Studman

Yes. Princess has always changed the time on the ship at 2am to match local time so the ship time was the same as local time at ports, but last year celebrity kept the ship on Miami time and some of the islands were an hour ahead so ship time was not real time. I didn't like that - too confusing. We just locked our phones on ship time but then you had to think about what time it was locally as well if you were trying to time things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just wondering about the time. I believe that ship time is the actual time of where the ship departed from and does not change for the time difference of the places it visits.

So when in St Thomas on a ship that left Ft Lauderdale, ship time would be 1 hour behind that of St Thomas.

The question I have is when they say (RCL) the ship arrives at 10 am, which time is it?

10 am Ft Lauderdale time or 10 am St Thomas time and what time is it when the ship leaves?

We are traveling Feb 26th to March 5th on Allure out of Ft Lauderdale

You are incorrect (sometimes). The ship may or may not adjust its clocks to local time as it moves across time zones. There will be announcements. FWIW, we've never been on a ship that did not adjust to local time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Always has, in our experience. On a T-A, clocks were turned back once a day for 5-6 days of the crossing. Made it far more comfortable.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk