Pictures

Tahitianbigkahuna

• 2 weeks later...
Tahitianbigkahuna--love your pictures and will enjoy looking at them in the days ahead! I see you are going on another cruise in July. Is that the reunion cruise?

Thanks for the nice words, appreciated ...

Yes we'll be on the Reunion cruise .... will be taking many new pictures :D

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Thanks for the nice words, appreciated ...

Yes we'll be on the Reunion cruise .... will be taking many new pictures :D

Tahitianbigkahuna, you mentioned leading a photo safari on Bora Bora during the Reunion Cruise. Do you have any details because I am interested. Thanks. Cobby

Tahitianbigkahuna, you mentioned leading a photo safari on Bora Bora during the Reunion Cruise. Do you have any details because I am interested. Thanks. Cobby

Arrangements are in the works to secure a couple of 4X4 jeep/trucks on Bora Bora to take us to some incredible vantage points for picture taking. Have not heard as of yet if the transportation has been confirmed. I'll let you know once I have confirmation.

I'll be doing 2 photography lectures/workshops on the 2 sea days.

Photography '101' that will be teach basic photography tips that would be useful for any type of camera. This will be on the first sea day.

Photography '102' will teach fundamentals of semi-auto and manual modes for those that have cameras with those options. I give points on how to move from using you camera in auto mode to semi and full manual modes. This will be on the second sea day.

Along with solid photography information I'll share some of my best pictures of French Polynesia and the Cook Islands and most importantly where are the best locations for picture taking.

In addition I'll be available to give one on one time to answer individual questions and help you with your camera and settings. All you need to do is ask .....

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Sounds great..thanks

For those that feel confident in their camera abilities they will be able to go on the photo safari and take pictures. The good thing is the safari will focus on good photography vantage points plus I'll be there to help those that need some help.

Interestingly I run into people all the time that have an incredible camera and lens but only use the auto mode, they've never used the semi auto modes. They simply went to a camera store and asked for a good camera/lens. 75% of good photography isn't the camera/lens .... it's knowing how to take good picture. If someone only uses their iPhone for pictures ..... I'll help them too ;)

An update: Received an email this afternoon from PG Bellevue office. 4X4 jeep/trucks in Bora Bora, (Sorin PG Travel Concierge is personally checking on this). Sorin is excited to hear a photo safari is in the works with Zelle and myself hosting. Hopefully, Sorin will know more next week and be able to confirm the jeep/trucks for the safari.