What to do with a 10 year old?

liberiben

The day we are in port(going on harmony of the seas)it will be my daughters 10th birthday. I've looked at the ship excursions and none look fun for a kid. Anyone know of something off hand? Or should we just enjoy the ship with fewer people? TIA.

Take a walking tour of old San Juan. See the sights and sounds of the place. Visit the two forts. Buy a kite at the grounds/ park at El Morro and have a blast flying it. You can take a hop-on hop-off shuttle to the forts and walk back.

This link is the best walking guide for newcomers. Pictures, maps, information, you can pick and choose what of interest to you.

http://faculty.salisbury.edu/~msscott/Walking%20Tour%20of%20Old%20San%20Juan.pdf

Crewsweeper, thanks for your information... it appears the link to the PDF isn't working though? Maybe something is wrong on my end?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm. opened for me just now. Maybe it's your eyephone? Google/safari /duckduckgo walking tours old san juan you should see it there in the firs t5 spots after the ads.

Try kite flying at El Morro fort. There's the pigeon park at the end of Capilla St., where there are a bunch of pigeons and you can buy little bags of food to feed them for $1 each. We're going to hit up Casa Cortes with our 9 year old, which is a chocolatier that also has a few breakfast and lunch options that include chocolate. I think my daughter would love that. There's also an outdoor playground at Paseo la Princessa.

Try kite flying at El Morro fort. There's the pigeon park at the end of Capilla St., where there are a bunch of pigeons and you can buy little bags of food to feed them for $1 each. We're going to hit up Casa Cortes with our 9 year old, which is a chocolatier that also has a few breakfast and lunch options that include chocolate. I think my daughter would love that. There's also an outdoor playground at Paseo la Princessa.

This is the same advice I'd give as a local. Tour El Morro for a bit, fly kites, feed the pigeons and walk on Paseo la Princesa and take her to the playground. She'll have fun and you'll get to see some of the city. BTW, while at Paseo de la Princesa, behind and to the left of the big fountain (looking towards the water) there is a small boat ramp that fishermen use and you will be able to see huge fish (Tarpons) hanging around near the ramp and near the water surface making them very visible. You might also be able to spot different kinds of crabs, pelicans and if the water is clear enough that day, maybe even see some starfish on the bottom (water near Paseo de la Princesa is pretty shallow). If she likes animals, she'll have a good time spotting all those things.

• 2 weeks later...