New Orleans City Tour

marsworth75

We are on the NCL Dawn repo cruise that ends in New Orleans. We have a mid afternoon flight out of NOLA and are looking for a 3 or 4 hour city tour to fill in the time before we need to be at the airport. Anyone have info or ideas?

What time do you dock and I assume if its mid afternoon you will need to be at airport for 2PM or so? What time of year is this trip?

I think of two choices. 1. Get off boat and if your luggage is taken care of then you can walk to nearest street car and ride to the very end of line, then walk back through the French Market which brings you past Jackson Square, Café du Monde (biegnets), Cathedral, and to the mule drawn carriage rides. The ride can be taken on the spot I think like $40 a person and last about an hour.

2. Get in contact with Machu Picchu tours http://www.machupicchutours.com/about

They have a tour of city at 930Am to 1230PM if you can make that, they also pick up people at the ship and they might even take you to the airport. The airport is a half hour outside New Orleans.

How did you plan to manage luggage?

• 4 weeks later...

I tried booking a tour through Viator a TripAdvisor company. An error message popped up saying that the tour required 2 adults. I had listed my wife and I as both seniors, ages 65 and older. It appears that once you hit 65 Viator no longer considers you an adult! I'm sure I can find another tour operator.

Viator sells tours all over the world BUT they don't operate any of them!! Find the local tour company in New Orleans and I am sure they will consider you an "adult".

Trip Advisor does not own or have any relationship with Viator. It is just a company that advertises on that site.

In fact this list of 10 best tours in New Orleans, from the Trip Advisor site, doesn't mention Viator at all:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60864-Activities-c42-New_Orleans_Louisiana.html

Edited by riffatsea