Question about Alla Tours

My wife and I are considering booking a 2 day tour with Alla for a cruise next summer. One of the stops on the tour is a visit to a "Farmer's Market"? Does anybody have experience about what the Farmer's Market is?

Hi blinking,

I have toured with Alla a few times whilst on Baltic cruises. Her tours are superb & her guides are amazing - you won't regret your choice! ☺

The farmer's market is the Kuznechny market (probably the best of its type in the city) known for its ambiance and well-stocked produce. It is an indoor farmer's market and is quite large. Here you will find all manner of produce, delicious thick white cream cheese, bouquets of fresh flowers, mounds of cranberries, buckets of fresh honey and, my favorite, spicy pickled cucumbers.

The stall vendors offer all sorts of samples. :D The honey, cheese and pickled goods are delicious! Goods here are not cheap - the vendors will haggle with you.

I last visited Kuznechny market a month ago when I was again in St. Petersburg. If you have any questions, feel free to email me (link to email is located in my signature at the bottom of the post).

Here's a link to a post about the Kuznechny with some nice photos:

http://ladyjane1.*************/hub/Food-Market-in-St-Petersburg-Russia

Hi blinking,

I have toured with Alla a few times whilst on Baltic cruises. Her tours are superb & her guides are amazing - you won't regret your choice! ☺

The farmer's market is the Kuznechny market (probably the best of its type in the city) known for its ambiance and well-stocked produce. It is an indoor farmer's market and is quite large. Here you will find all manner of produce, delicious thick white cream cheese, bouquets of fresh flowers, mounds of cranberries, buckets of fresh honey and, my favorite, spicy pickled cucumbers.

The stall vendors offer all sorts of samples. :D The honey, cheese and pickled goods are delicious! Goods here are not cheap - the vendors will haggle with you.

I last visited Kuznechny market a month ago when I was again in St. Petersburg. If you have any questions, feel free to email me (link to email is located in my signature at the bottom of the post).

Here's a link to a post about the Kuznechny with some nice photos:

http://ladyjane1.*************/hub/Food-Market-in-St-Petersburg-Russia

That sounds great! I was worried that is was going to be tourist trinkets/souvenir stalls billed as a farmer's market. I've really loved going to markets in other countries, so I'm excited for this part of the tour.

That sounds great! I was worried that is was going to be tourist trinkets/souvenir stalls billed as a farmer's market. I've really loved going to markets in other countries, so I'm excited for this part of the tour.

I forgot to mention all the various meats, fish and, of course, caviar. If, as you say, you have enjoyed other authentic farmer's markets (say, in the Mediterranean for example), then you will enjoy Kuznechny. :)