Overnight Parking in Maui?

Ramjet1997

:)Where is the best and cheapest place to park a rental car overnight in Maui? Is it better to do a one day rental in Maui, or just keep the rental for the 2nd day also? Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated by a first timer to Maui! Thanks!

There is parking across from the pier but it's small and fills up fast and it's free, you need to be parked maybe by 6 pm other wise there is parking lot not too far from the pier but don't know if it's free.

As for car rental you can't rent a car for two days and then take it back the first night and park it there as I've tried that, but what you can do is two separate rentals reservations then you can take it back, this is what we've done as there is no difference in price for 1 day verses two. All the big rental companies are located in the same locked gated lot. Shuttle will be at the pier for all of the companies approx every 15 min.

There is parking across from the pier but it's small and fills up fast and it's free, you need to be parked maybe by 6 pm other wise there is parking lot not too far from the pier but don't know if it's free.

As for car rental you can't rent a car for two days and then take it back the first night and park it there as I've tried that, but what you can do is two separate rentals reservations then you can take it back, this is what we've done as there is no difference in price for 1 day verses two. All the big rental companies are located in the same locked gated lot. Shuttle will be at the pier for all of the companies approx every 15 min.

Just keep in mind most of the rental offices close at 5pm on the west side of the island. You could probably leave the car the first evening after 5 and use the key drop but you would have to arrange transportation back to the pier. That would be a long taxi ride.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You guys ARE good.........I failed to mention in my post that we come into Lahaina..........I am sure that we can find a place as we are going to the Old Lahaina Luau the first evening and won't make it back to the ship until late....

Thanks!