Silver Sands in Jamaica

teesmc

I was there a few years ago while checking it out to maybe stay there for a week and the beach was not maintained then but don't know about now. There was a pool and had a building at the beach and think they sold beverages. $10 is not bad but it did not impress me as the kind of beach I would like to spend a lot of time at.

We have rented villas at Silver Sands five times since 2006 and are going back again in January of 2017. We absolutely love it there. :D

It has one of the nicest beaches I have ever been to (but going to Half Moon Cay next month). Plenty of loungers, umbrellas, and shade. The life guards are great and helpful. They have a beach bar and grill right there. Decent prices and good food (Jamaican plus regular stuff like burgers and fries). There is no pool in the common area (most villas have private pools). There is a small gift shop/grocery store right there. Also a resident wood carver who is quite good.

Stuff to do... Tennis court, ping pong, and basketball hoop are right there and free to use. You can rent kayaks, boogie boards and those stand up paddle boards. Several locals can take you out to the reef on a small boat for some decent snorkeling.

I hope you check it out. You might fall in love with it there too and return for an extended stay in one of the villas.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

This is the email from Silver Sands:

You can access our private beach by purchasing a day pass for US$10 per person.

We also provide transportation from the Port round trip at a cost of US$50 for 1-4 person and

each additional is US$10.

To book and make payment visit the link below.

https://www.mysilversands.com/addTransportationService.aspx

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate on contacting us.

• 1 month later...

my husband and i came here in december 2014, while docked in falmouth. i got the most gorgeous photo here of a rainbow over the gazebo, but weather was not the best that day. i think i arranged everything through silver sands. i was just a little nervous about the driver coming back for us, but all turned out okay.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

• 4 weeks later...
my husband and i came here in december 2014, while docked in falmouth. i got the most gorgeous photo here of a rainbow over the gazebo, but weather was not the best that day. i think i arranged everything through silver sands. i was just a little nervous about the driver coming back for us, but all turned out okay.

How long was the taxi ride?