Seabourn Spirit - How is she now ?

hampshirelad

Having just seen quite a long post on the Legend I thought I would tap into the mine of information that many of the longstanding cruisers of Seabourn have of its ships.

My wife and I first went on the Spirit 12 years ago between Singapore and HK and had a marvellous time. So many things have got into the way of repeating a further cruise on her since then. However with time running out for her as a Seabourn ship we have booked on a cruise late November.

It would be great to hear about the master and the crew and the ship or is it "all change round "when it crosses the Atlantic.

Many thanks

We spent back to back cruise in the Adriatic on the Spirit in June and were frankly amazed at the ship's great condition. All the things I would have expected,worn and stained carpeting, chipped tile/ marble, rust spots, etc. were not in evidence. The only issues at all had to do with plumbing and these little ships have had problems in that area for years --- particularly when passengers do not heed the warning about what not to put in the loos. We also had an issue with the color of the water for a few days as the water tanks were apparently coated with a product( non toxic and odorless) that seeped into the water supply.The crew was great, wines very good and food quite tasty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums