Fernando

goodthatwontcomeout

What's the latest on Fernando and his endeavors. I saw an article online that he was starting back up with his friend on a joint adventure called ole paella. Anybody have any info on this or been there and can report back? Is this close to the beach like his old place? It looked like they had some goofy hours, but not sure how accurate that is.

Last I heard he and his wife were working at El Fuerte. It's a small boutique hotel with an Italian style restaurant. Upscale for the area. I believe it's located near Pez Quadro. Cross street might be Robalo or Mojarra. It's a 3 story white building with a thatched porch on the malecon but no beach club attached. Plus you can always try at the minimart across from the old 100$ Agave on Huachinango and Sierra. They or Steve at Tropicante will know where he's at.

Last I heard he and his wife were working at El Fuerte. It's a small boutique hotel with an Italian style restaurant. Upscale for the area. I believe it's located near Pez Quadro. Cross street might be Robalo or Mojarra. It's a 3 story white building with a thatched porch on the malecon but no beach club attached. Plus you can always try at the minimart across from the old 100$ Agave on Huachinango and Sierra. They or Steve at Tropicante will know where he's at.

This newsletter contains a section on Fernando and ole paella.

http://www.mayanbeachgarden.com/CostaMaya_Mahahual_Newsletter_08-14.html#mahahual

This newsletter contains a section on Fernando and ole paella.

http://www.mayanbeachgarden.com/CostaMaya_Mahahual_Newsletter_08-14.html#mahahual

Hmmm...Hours aren't in line with cruise ship schedules, more in line with hotel guest evening hours. 2PM in Mahahual is 3PM for most East cosat based ships, and leaves you with a half hour or so for Gulf Coast based ships. No paella for cruisers? Also sounds like access is off Huachinango which is the same street the old 100% Agave was on (maybe a block south?), one block up from the beach, but that may be driving directions.

Hopefully, someone who follows Fernando will head there soon.:)